Facebook paid Teen Vogue to run a fake article praising Facebook for "helping ensure the integrity of the 2020 election"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/09/facebook-paid-teen-vogue-to-ru.html

3 Likes

Grifter recursion.

8 Likes

The idea that this toxic company gives a damn about preserving liberal democracy is ludicrous.

13 Likes

This is especially pernicious given Teen Vogue’s excellent reputation as a source of top-notch progressive political journalism for teens.

(Not a joke:)

20 Likes

Well it did make Sandberg look like a cheat. Again. Not that she cares. Lol.

6 Likes

During her appearance on Finding Your Roots, her Russian ancestry was revealed. Lots of my friends and family read political thrillers and stories with sleeper agents, so we jokingly floated conspiracy theories for a few days after that. I’m thinking they won’t be joking after this.

8 Likes

Now more than ever, F$(K FACEBOOK!

2 Likes

This! Teen Vogue is much like Buzzfeed in that way. It may have started as a frivolous enterprise, but it has quietly been evolving into one of our few remaining sources of real journalism.

5 Likes

Yeah, I was a little surprised by the headline, but heartened that someone wisely torpedoed it. I’d be interested to know what the editorial process was here.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.