Facebook stock plummets 8%, wiping out $50 billion in market value

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/30/facebook-stock-plummets-8-wi.html

7 Likes

giphy - 2019-09-18T094938.460

56 Likes

I don’t know how much Apple or Google paid them to say this, but … “Worth It!”

17 Likes

Grumpycatgood.gif lol

14 Likes

It begins…

4 Likes

The Zuck is reaping what he sowed, zero fu@ks for that ahole. Maybe he’ll get the message, supporting lies / nazis / tRumpanzies / right wing loonies might not be the pay day he was looking for.

31 Likes

Please, tell us how you really feel. Don’t hold back! :wink:

9 Likes

A disappointed report, or a disappointing report?

I just did, no further comment at this time.

5 Likes

Right now it’s off just 6%.

But for perspective, that’s where it was just 4 weeks ago. Zuck will be fine (financially, not ethically).

2 Likes

he’s been Kompromised just like the rest of them.

2 Likes

If I hadn’t removed the app already, that chilling statement would have led to me do so.
“Facebook said privacy improvements on Apple’s iPhones and Google’s Android software could hurt its ability to target advertising.”
How much data beyond just making it easier to access Facebook were these apps gathering that Apple and Google privacy changes would affect a $650 BILLION company enough to need to mention it to investors?

11 Likes

download

16 Likes

I wonder what’s going on with their account numbers?

I don’t know any younger people who have accounts. Many others I know do, but never use them.

4 Likes

Not my money so. Good?

1 Like

Some of the craftiest “targeted marketing” we’ve seen to date.

Probably the account numbers look better than ever, on paper at least. I bet they offer bulk setup tools to various state agencies and marketing companies.

4 Likes

Sad to say, I’m not all that impressed. Profit takers will swoop in and buy it and the stock will go up again. It will take something quite dramatic to make FB stocks take a significant hit – genuine privacy legislation, a huge technical scandal… something.

1 Like

$50 billion? A good start.

3 Likes

I know a person in City Planning, they get hammered with marketing propositions from FBook constantly, the general consensus is that Planning is screwed up enough, they don’t need FBook screwing it up more.

@Pensketch
Remember, it ain’t Zuck’s money, he don’t care.

7 Likes