Famed 11-foot-8 bridge neatly shears truck roof

I like how everybody, including a bus, just pulls out and goes around the debris. “Yup, seen it all before…”

8 Likes

22 Likes

Very precise!

4 Likes

Your new sunroof is ready!

11 Likes

Awwww…! I wanted to see the sardines…Is there another angle? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Today I learned that search alerts don’t trigger off off post titles in #boing.

This is at least three squares in one post.

20 Likes

Nothing is a match for the idiocy …

The bridge may have been sent to us as a metaphor for America.

6 Likes

Lather, rinse, repeat.

11 Likes

The bridge does have an appeal.

9 Likes

Couldn’t they put another clearance bar right before the cross street? If you hit that maybe you’d realize in time before the real bridge?

2 Likes

Clearly the bridge demands sacrifice. Commence the ritual argumentation! May our collective suffering sate the demon bridge’s all consuming rage.

5 Likes

See the square to the left of the free space on the bingo card above.

11 Likes

And by way of an explanation for why it won’t work, see the rightmost item in the 2nd row.

6 Likes

Here’s a more recent exploit of our beloved bridge -

11 Likes

I still think the best solution is to install a ramp for vehicles to jump over the train tracks. The youtube channel would be even more exciting.

My favorite one has everything - wrong way driving, blocking traffic, and of course hitting the bridge: Dazed and confused at the 11foot8 bridge - YouTube

7 Likes

Yes yes, bingo card and whatnot, but I still have an idea: Surround the “Overheight Must Turn” sign with a thick caution-striped border- but not black and yellow, which we’re so used to on the road that it’s easy to tune out despite being a warning symbol. Instead, black and neon pink, something visually jarring from everything else around that will be virtually impossible to overlook. Obviously any remedy will be no match for the limitless potential of human stupidity, but I can’t help but feel it would make at least some difference at a low cost.

2 Likes

I’ll ask yet again: why don’t they just preemptively destroy all vehicles in North America taller than 11’8"?

People always dismiss that idea when I bring it up, but that just tells me they’re not really serious and only want to snark on the internet.

10 Likes

So, basically, no chance against the smarter than average bear.

6 Likes

Ah, sweet schadenfreude
:relieved:

I like to think I’m smarter than the above average bear, but I could just be the victim of Dunning-Krue-bear

3 Likes