Famed 11-foot-8 bridge neatly shears truck roof

Originally published at: Famed 11-foot-8 bridge neatly shears truck roof | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Why does this never get old?

31 Likes

nice job! One of the neatest removals I’ve seen from old fateful.

Edit spelling

23 Likes

yes! looked like it was sliced off with a cheese knife.

15 Likes

I remember being worried there would be no more crashes when they raised the bridge from 11’8 to 12’4, but I clearly underestimated human’s capacity for realizing what’s going on around them. So many warnings and yet people constantly feed the bridge.

18 Likes

For me, it’s that any remedy they add – the many lights, the many signs, the bright paint, even raising the bloody bridge – is no match for the idiocy displayed by the drivers of these trucks. They could add the fabled water curtain from the 11’8" bingo card and morons with no business behind the wheel would still blast right through it.

20 Likes

The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy Whale GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

:wink:

12 Likes

Whenever they try to idiot-proof it, along comes a better idiot

19 Likes

I’m reminded of a quote from a park ranger about the effectiveness of so-called bear proof trash containers… to wit: “There is a considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists.”

26 Likes

I like how everybody, including a bus, just pulls out and goes around the debris. “Yup, seen it all before…”

8 Likes

22 Likes

Very precise!

4 Likes

Your new sunroof is ready!

11 Likes

Awwww…! I wanted to see the sardines…Is there another angle? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Today I learned that search alerts don’t trigger off off post titles in boing.

This is at least three squares in one post.

20 Likes

Nothing is a match for the idiocy …

The bridge may have been sent to us as a metaphor for America.

6 Likes

Lather, rinse, repeat.

11 Likes

The bridge does have an appeal.

9 Likes

Couldn’t they put another clearance bar right before the cross street? If you hit that maybe you’d realize in time before the real bridge?

2 Likes

Clearly the bridge demands sacrifice. Commence the ritual argumentation! May our collective suffering sate the demon bridge’s all consuming rage.

5 Likes