Father of Larry Nassar victims attacks him in court: "Let me at that son of a bitch!"

Union membership is still strong in Michigan. IBEW is particularly proud of steadfastly existing in spite of The Governerd signing Right-to-Poverty and other anti-union legislation into law.

5 Likes

Yep. Wearing a sweatshirt to court = total dad move. Wearing a union sweatshirt to court = total old-school Michigan dad move.

9 Likes

So his family hasn’t suffered enough as a result of Nassar’s actions? Please.

9 Likes

I think if the officers had reacted just a little bit slower - enough for the father to get in a punch or strangle him for a moment, I think he would be much less likely to stalk and kill the guy in the future, and we would have had a much better outcome overall. But I understand - they leaped in the moment and didn’t have a chance to think this through.

1 Like

Why not? You make a flat assertion as though reporting a law of nature. I’d chip in towards a nice baseball bat for the father’s convenience myself and my wife and a few other women I know just volunteered to pin the guy’s arms back.

There have been several systems where the kin of a harmed or dead person had a considerable say in the punishment.

The purpose of law to an extent is to restore equity. He harmed many individuals who will never again be able to look at life the same way and will fear things they should not have to fear so maybe he needs to be harmed too and learn fear.

Sometimes a thorough vengeance is appropriate.

Are you some kind of robot? The guys anguish is palpable. Sure it’s not right but your overly analytical response shows a lack of empathy. Just think about standing next to your daughters, who you may feel you have failed to protect, facing someone who has caused great harm, come on…

2 Likes

Dereasonable. A suspended fine, maybe, or sentenced without a penalty, but I’m not sure the latter exists in the USA.

3 Likes

His reaction, while not acceptable by civilized standards, is totally understandable.

9 Likes

UPDATE: Margraves has apologized for his outburst.

5 Likes

Why on Earth was this post flagged?

2 Likes

Ableism presumably. I think the flagging is pretty fair, really. Sorry everyone!

6 Likes

I’m just impressed how fast the guards/policemen moved and how each one knew what to do in a half second. Do they practice different scenarios before a trial?

If you edit the post it should take care of the flag.

2 Likes

wow, so many little details in this that i hadn’t picked up on… i didn’t realize he has THREE daughters, all victims, and that he had just sat through testimony by them where he learned things he hadn’t heard from them before. no wonder he snapped. i seriously do not blame him. i’m glad there are no charges being filed against him. he and his family have been through enough.

6 Likes

Makes me want to cheer for this IBEW member. Nassar just realized he doesn’t last one day when they throw him into the general prison population.

I would just like to give kudos to the security team that restrained the father.

That was a pretty big guy, and they took him down immediately with what seemed like minimal injury.

Very professional and well trained.

2 Likes

Ah, I didn’t originally grasp the meaning of the sixth word.

Including the names and locations of child rape victims? Because in the age of the Internet, that’s what just happened. It’s a more difficult problem than it appears on the surface.

1 Like

Which is what I would desire in his place.

Come to think of it, what happened to the guy looks like an equivalent to what is called “rappel à la loi” in France (I’ve found it translated as “notification of the law”): a formal notification that his actions were unlawful, with no further judicial consequences as long as said actions aren’t repeated.

3 Likes