Fauci claims without evidence that Santa Claus possesses "innate immunity" to coronavirus

It’s gonna be so weird having actual human beings with an understanding of empathy back in charge of the executive branch…

11 Likes

Cue impeached, manifestly unfit, failed Republican presidential candidate Trump claiming Fauci is spreading fake news and that he, the orange shitstain, has more innate immunity than Santa Claus in 3…2…1…

2 Likes

so this is what went down at our house. my daughter is 9.

News is on TV, they say Santa is immune and daughter hears it

Daughter: “Dad, they are just saying that because Santa’s not real and they don’t want to scare kids, right?”

Thanks Fauci, I wasn’t ready for that conversation yet…

12 Likes

Imagine how devastating it would be for Santa’s reputation if epidemiologists revealed that he was one of the primary vectors for the spread of the 1918 flu pandemic.

8 Likes

I think if she figured that out on her own, she knows. Or at least is sceptical. And I say that having a kid who “believed” longer than most. Though I am pretty sure she had her suspicions. I can’t quite recall when it was officially out of the bag…maybe 11?

We approached questions with some reasoning, but also allowed magical thinking. So, if Santa is magical, who can whisk down chimneys, travel around the globe and has been alive for hundreds of years, it stands to reason he is immune to human diseases. After all, what are the chances he NEVER got sick. Never got a bad glass of milk. That he has always been able to complete his rounds on Christmas?

1 Like

Funny… but also: no. :slight_smile:

Santa Claus will be real so long as people believe.

It’s an idea more than anything else.

It’s not just something we want to receive, it’s something we want to be.

Okay, if you’re gonna have the Santa talk, might just as well get over it and have the market forces talk, too.

4 Likes

I figured out Santa wasn’t real pretty early, as in I don’t remember back far enough to a time when I actually believed. But apparently I just never mentioned it, and kept going through the motions like everyone expected? Because then when I was like 10 my parents sat me down to tell me, and I told them I’d known for at least 4-5 years. Then again, they’re not the most observant people, and my older sister did believe until she was around 10-11.

I can definitely agree with you here… I’ve just gotten tired of trying to guess which topics are OK to goof on, and which topics are likely to fuel more Qanon wackiness…

I suppose what makes Santa a safe topic, is that the religious right hasn’t (yet) tried to do with Him, what they’ve done with All Hallow’s Eve. It’s probably just a matter of time.

2 Likes

OH MAN, USE SPOILER TAGS!!!

I do wish Fauci hadn’t suggested Santa’s immunity was a ‘good’ quality though. It implies that people who get sick are… at the very least, not as good.

1 Like

Does the suggestion of a Mrs. Claus imply anything about Santa’s sex or gender identity?

Is “Santa” a name or a title?

2 Likes

I’ve never seen “Mrs. Claus” as anything but a wife to a male Santa Claus.

It’s the notion of “Mrs. Claus” that made me question Santa Claus as male. If the only way women can be part of it is by being “Mrs. Claus”, why can’t they directly be Santa Claus? About 1984 a friend was going campaigning against war toys at Christmas, and she said she was going as “Mrs. Claus”. I said “why can’t you be Santa Claus?” and I wasn’t talking about her going in drag.

Santa Claus could be a woman, and marry a woman. Santa Claus could be a woman and marry a man, “Mr. Claus”.

But first Santa Claus has to be able to be a woman.

1 Like

he sounds very human (and as a human, he’s obligated ro social distance himsself, and when appropriate to observce quarantine)

My kid is of similar age, and it’s pretty obvious that the kids at school are all talking about Santa not being real.

My kid, bless her heart, refuses to believe that because Santa brought her something cool last year that of course her parents wouldn’t have gotten for her…

Whatever. She gets to have some magic in an otherwise rather shitty year.

3 Likes

This such a great thing for Dr. Fauci to do. For kids to get that reassurance after such a horrible year, full of things kids aren’t supposed to understand yet, is only going to prove that Dr. Fauci is a remarkable human being, as well as a fantastic epidemiologist.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.