FBI: We know you're innocent, but you're not getting off the No-Fly list unless you rat out your friends

isn’t this how they did the witch hunts in salem? person was accused of being a witch and they could be spared hanging if they gave the names of the accomplices…

also kinda how chain mail works…

1 Like

Well, if nothing else, it certainly reminded me of The Crucible. Can’t say I know enough about actual historical witch hunts to make any comparison there.

“First they put him on the No-Fly List. So he got on a boat. Now he’s back–and this time, it’s personal.”

1 Like

But surely the FBI have to employ ‘ordinary’ people as their informants? They can’t use their own people as most of them are crap at looking and behaving like not-FBI folk. And the few that are good enough to pass as ordinary citizens are certain to ‘go native’ and turn on their employer because they have to behave like, well, citizens.

Won’t somebody think of the G-men?

Intimidating and pressuring people to turn on those that trust them has been the FBI’s bread and butter for decades.

I wonder how this story would fly if it was John Jay Smith instead of Nagib Ali Ghaleb getting the business?

I was totally confused, reading the summary here on BB - I thought that they were targeting ACLU clients. But no, they targeted people who then became ACLU clients. Which is still horrendous, but not as bizarre as I thought it was on first glance.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.