FDA asks people not to drink Covid test solution or use as eye drops

Originally published at: FDA asks people not to drink Covid test solution or use as eye drops | Boing Boing

1 Like

Come on people, it’s a testing solution, not ivermectin.

17 Likes

FDA asks people not to…

Holy Hotdogs Batman!

4 Likes

The U.S is an amazing place. Many in this country cannot form a coherent sentence or determine the correct form of your/you’re, there/their/they’re, to/too/two or cite/site/sight. Yet, they claim, depending on the situation, to be experts in medicine, public health, modern warfare, religion, law and education. What a crazy country. Oh, they can also be convinced to drink their own piss.

22 Likes

And you thought believing QAnon was peak American stupidity.

When you want to scrape the bottom of the barrel, the barrel always goes deeper.

5 Likes

US stupid has been rising for quite some time.

5 Likes

It’s been attributed to Einstein, but: “The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.”

12 Likes

Here they’ve been warning people not to chew of the RAT kits. (Seems kind of obvious…)

3 Likes

9 Likes

And this is why reading the user’s manual is now a job.

I could see kids drinking it because they don’t know better, but one has to imagine the eyedrops are adults. What grown person goes “Hmm, an unfamiliar, slightly wrong-looking little bottle of liquid… I’m going to put this in my eyes without bothering to read the label”?

3 Likes

The FDA doesn’t say who made the mistakes.

We live in a country that has a lot of elderly people living alone and with covid even more of them living in isolation.

I can easily see someone, especially someone that needs eye drops, getting all sorts of things mixed up including instructions on how to use a test.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Really. Their leader suggested that they drink bleach to cure Covid. This is a wise and necessary move on the part of the FDA

2 Likes

Don’t forget about horse paste and fish tank cleaner.

2 Likes

Maybe the FDA needs a different way to instruct people.

4 Likes

Or tide pods

I suspect it’s more improper storage of the bottle near actual eyedrops, and people (potentially with poor eyesight) getting them mixed up.

2 Likes

How long until this makes its way onto a right wing "news’ outlet with a narrative something along the lines of

“The FDA admits home covid tests are unsafe!”

?

1 Like

And now that the FDA has told them not to, what do you think the nutjobs are going to do? Can I get a “you’re not the boss of me”?

2 Likes