FDA relaxes food labeling regulations for pandemic

Then your opinion carries little weight. I do know that this allergy exists, along with reactions to many other “minor” ingedients. They are only unimportant if they do not subject you or yours to life threatening anaphylaxis.

8 Likes

None of anyone’s concerns about potential allergens etc… matters a shit. I can guarantee that we’re not the only people who thought of that. The fine people who pushed this through know damn well that you can’t assure safety of any particular substitution (as noted above, because there’s always going to be someone with a serious allergy to X substance). They’re simply betting that the numbers of “adverse events” will be low enough not to raise outcry or cost too much to silence.

If a fatal allergy on a mislabeled food proved to be as fatal for the company as it did for a consumer, you could be damn sure that they’d want their labels fully accurate as a legal protection (“See, we had that ingredient that you were allergic to listed! You can’t sue us!”).

It’s only when the potential savings of not switching labels etc… are outweighed by financial costs, that these corporate “people” will give a rat’s ass. (NEW pandemic “slim jims” - now with unlabeled rat ass, the other pink meat!)

5 Likes

You’re one of those Leftie Libs, aren’t you? Everything’s fine, the White House is on top of everything! /s

2 Likes

Crisis Actors, Crisis Actors! /s

5 Likes

Why, yes. Yes, I am. Glad you noticed, kind sir!

5 Likes

Maybe by then, the rich will be comfortable enough to unzip their human suits and lounge around as the actual lizards that they are.

He’s one of those people with an actual thought-process, looking at things through a rational lens of risk-assessment and how-to-help-people. IOW, an endangered species.

2 Likes

First part of your statement is pure gold, second is a bit off. Capitalism is trying to get your money, it needs you alive to get it.

3 Likes

But the label says All Natural!

1 Like

Haha! orly?

4 Likes

Like, feed them toast?

(Sorry - open goal. It’s ‘bred’.)

3 Likes

Does it though? You have heirs, don’t you? They will have to pay for your burial. Then there’s all the things your heirs will spend their newly acquired “fortune” on. It seems it may be in Capitalism’s best interests for you to die and free up your savings.

If you don’t have heirs, then what you had goes to the Capitalist state. Win/win.

3 Likes

I have heirs and I plan to do exactly what I told my parents. “It is yours, I want none of it, liquidate it all and spend it till you die” My kids get an education in entrepeneurship and an investor if their ideas are sound, nothing else.

Before the Rona, my 8yo was making $100 every Saturday at the farmer’s market selling friendship bracelets so I’m not too worried.

7 Likes

So, who gets sued when a product once accurately packaged as being “gluten-free”, later has glutenous ingredients added to it and ends up being consumed by people with celiac disease? The maker? The FDA? The Trump administration?

3 Likes

How much is she selling them for? I might know someone who would be interested…

Also: “KILL THE POOR NOT THE UNBORN”

NO CERTAIN LIVES MATTER”

4 Likes

Since the goal was to teach her commerce and not maximize proffit, she sells them for $1 per string. I don’t know if you have ever made friendship bracelets but each string you use represents a knot’s worth of thickness. The thinest are 3 strings and the thickest are 5. She sells them for $3, $4, $5, and an extra $1 total if it’s a custom color combo. Shipping is also an extra $1. I am helping her build a website to teach her a bit of design, marketing, and e-commerce and will happily send you the link when it’s done. Thanks for showing interest. I will share that with her.

1 Like

Halp! URL’s are all 404 :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.