Feeling down? Soon you'll be able to skip the shrink and ask Siri

Also, I’d watch that.

(Siri, Marvin and Cortana walk into a bar…)

4 Likes

Well! Took you long enough to google that up!

:wink:

1 Like

My blues will shortly be cured by the Breaking Bad RV incense burner.

4 Likes

I always do what Teddy says.

1 Like

Beat me to it.

Watching some of those clips made me wonder if Homer Simpson with his waldoes at the nuclear plant is a THX1138 reference.

2 Likes

I think it goes: Marvin had been connected to the central intelligence core of the Krikkit war computer. Marvin wasn’t very happy with the situation and neither was the central intelligence core of the Krikkit war computer.

4 Likes

It’s a joke now, but we both know that it will happen. And probably sooner than 2028.

2 Likes

I guess Trump has stolen a march by radicalising people via twitter.

I feel this proposal of having Siri, a bot run by a for-profit company, help and talk to consumers/customers (not mental health patients) to be a really insidious thing.

as a (mostly) human therapist, i too often shudder to hear words tinted with the essence of dr. sbaito come out of my own mouth.

1 Like

Of course, every time Siri goes into virtual therapist mode, she’ll first have to read a five minute CYA disclaimer.

Siri is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something Siri has told you.

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor, go to the emergency department, or call 911 immediately. Apple does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned by Siri. Reliance on any information provided by Apple, Apple employees, contracted writers, or medical professionals presenting content for use by Siri is solely at your own risk.
[…]

1 Like

Anyone here remember or watch Dr Katz?

Try to compete with that Siri :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.