The dystopian cheeriness of Singapore's useless, gaslighting AI therapist chatbot

Originally published at: The dystopian cheeriness of Singapore's useless, gaslighting AI therapist chatbot | Boing Boing

3 Likes

12 Likes

This is very cutting edge.

23 Likes

→ Would you say that you have psychological problems?

12 Likes

When depressed about living in a world dominated by sociopathic bureaucracies that expect an inhuman amount of effort without any recognition or concern for one’s humanity, isn’t being called “Bud” enough for you?
/s

17 Likes

My first thought. In some ways this “therapist” is worse than Dr. Eliza.

17 Likes

The cognitive behavioral therapy will continue until morale improves.

16 Likes

“Stop complaining or I’ll give you something to complain about.”

4 Likes

You know there have to be some human therapists out there who, upon see this AI in action, are thinking. “Man, she’s good!”, then proceed to take notes.

3 Likes

I feel better now.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Came to say the exact same thing. It honestly reads like a straight up implementation of Eliza, not even including the decades of progress that chatbots in other fields have built.

Its responses are exactly the kind of vague “apply to any situation” phrases that Eliza was built on. You get way better interactivity from an Amazon customer support chatbot, or the one the cable company uses.

3 Likes

What the bot does in off hours

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.