FEMA accidently tweets out phone sex hotline for hurricane victims

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/24/fema-accidently-tweets-out-pho.html

2 Likes

accidently?

Your tax dollars at work America!

5 Likes

Okaaay. So what really goes on at those FEMA camps?

6 Likes

Incidentally, a phone sex hotline called Roof Blu? I know people are into some kinky shit these days but jeeze

2 Likes

phone sex hotline for hurricane victims

That’s an awfully specific service.

16 Likes

“Have you had something blown unexpectedly?”

13 Likes

‘Hello? Is that disaster relief?’

‘It could be hon, it could be…’

14 Likes

Wait, is that why they always ask for a hand?

5 Likes

Who does that photo represent? FEMA? The phone sex hotline? Hurricane victims?

2 Likes

Either way it’s a helpful number when life isn’t going your way.

7 Likes

Keeping it up is critical in times like these. Morale, I mean.

How does their business model work? Does that number charge in any way like a 900 number?

Probably what happened is that the number used to be the real hotline number, and they missed re-registering it by a day or two.

I worked at a company where this happened. Those phone sex companies are really on top of snatching up recently released numbers. The support managers were not amused.

1 Like

Storms Coming! Fuck It! Old storm sure knows how to come.

Good bet it was these guys. Their offices are near Independence Mall somewhere and when the local news gets bored they like to run a “you won’t believe there’s a phone sex company just steps from the Liberty Bell!!1!” story.

Phone sex hotlines are still a thing? Do they just cater to people who don’t have fast enough internet connections to get streaming webcam video or something?

4 Likes

Thanks Obama!

Maybe one of the FEMA computer’s AI has become sentient and thinks it knows what people really need? I swear this seems more and more like the wrong timeline.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.