Feminist father: "If you ever hurt my daughter, I swear to God I'll let her navigate her own emotional growth" (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/08/feminist-father-if-you-ever.html

9 Likes

Ah, so that was John Hamm narrating. Weirdly didn’t sound much like him until I listened to it the second time after realizing that. Absolutely loved the original piece this was based on, and I loved this as well.

5 Likes

auto play??!?

9 Likes

“return corn”?

9 Likes

Right???

3 Likes

I agree with the idea of letting her find her own way, but you could still give her the cookies, dad. Crying people love cookies!

7 Likes

I used to tell my daughter that if he hurt you I’ll hunt him down like a dog and make his skin into a hat. As she got older I used to tell her when one of us was leaving “I can always use a new hat” We were leaving her house and I said that and her boyfriend responded with some disdain “you’re not going to have to make my skin into a hat” so I guess my job was done.

3 Likes

Aw, he could like… offer a hug or a moment to talk about her feelings, instead of just leaving her to cry it out. (Although realistically most 16 year olds won’t want to talk, I feel it’s important to normalize offering.)

1 Like

That was kinda brilliant.

"Would you like to stay for dinner?!? I'm making some eggplant thing from a book!"

5 Likes

No. Just, no.

3 Likes

Husband said this today about our daughter:
We can’t keep her out of the forest so we need to teach her how to be a wolf.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.