FInd multiple ways to say something with this handy sentence rephraser

Originally published at: FInd multiple ways to say something with this handy sentence rephraser | Boing Boing

1 Like

This is how it starts. When our friendly robo-friends tell us what to say.

2 Likes

15 Likes

Surprised none of them were “If I don’t get my coffee, I’ll turn into a daemon”

4 Likes

Bah, feed the lyrics to “Surfing Bird” into it and let’s run before it blows up.

3 Likes

I put in “Christ, what an asshole” it apparently know a bevy of other curse words.

3 Likes

“Let Me Rephrase That” would have been so much cooler.

4 Likes

Your comment when run through the Rephraser: This is how it begins. When our robotic friends tell us what to say.

“Friendly” was omitted. Robo-friends are subtly messaging that it’s wrong to assume that they are friendly.

5 Likes

entered: Life is a bowl of cherries. [okay, might be something there]
rephrased: Life is a cherry bowl. [du fuq?]

Thinking of multiple ways of saying something is pretty much what translation boils down to. The work is not in figuring out what the original sentence means (that part is instantaneous); the work is in narrowing in on the best way to express it in the target language, which means rephrasing it in your head until you find something that fits.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Better to be flushed than dead. Ha. Ya got that right.

1 Like

5 Likes

4 Likes

How long before this is used to get around plagiarism detection software? I forsee several papers with somewhat mangled syntax in this tool’s future.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.