AI rephrases text given to it

Originally published at: AI rephrases text given to it | Boing Boing

1 Like

The translation of “Whatever, dude” into formal/academic was:

Whatever, dude. Your opinion is irrelevant.
:woman_shrugging:t4:
:relieved:

6 Likes

I gave it my morning email reminder about covid precautions (work sends the exact same email every morning for a over a year). The only change rephrasely made to make it more formal/academic was to add a misplaced comma. Next I tried giving it a Mr. Rogers quote, and it threw an error because the site had too much traffic. 1/10

3 Likes

Whereas Al rephrases it as:
As I walk through the valley where I harvest my grain,
I take a look at my wife and realize she’s very plain
But that’s just perfect for an Amish like me
You know, I shun fancy things like electricity
At 4: 30 in the morning I’m milkin’ cows
Jebediah feeds the chickens and Jacob plows… fool
And I’ve been milkin’ and plowin’ so long that
Even Ezekiel thinks that my mind is gone

8 Likes

“What did you say about me, you little person? I graduated top of my class as a Navy Seal. I have been involved in numerous secret raids on Al Qaeda and I have over 300 confirmed killings. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I am the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me, but just another target. I will dismantle your skin with precision, something like this that has never been seen before on this planet. Do you think you can get away with saying that to me over the internet? You must reconsider, fucker. At this moment I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA, and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, Maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You are in danger of death. I can be anywhere, anytime. I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that is just with my bare hands. I am extensively trained in unarmed combat, I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps, and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable back off the face of the continent. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your tongue. You could not, you did not, and now you are paying the price, you idiot. I will smack fury all over you and you will drown in it. You are very dead.”

This just doesn’t hit the same.

2 Likes

I said, a hip hoop, the hippie. To the hip hoop, a you do not stop the rock. I am rapping to the beat and my friends will try to move your feet. See, I am Wonder Mike. I would like to say hello to the black, white, red, brown, purple and yellow. First I need to bang bang the boogie to the bang bang boogie. Then I bring two friends along. Last but not least is Hank.

2 Likes

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
The pretzels are making me thirsty.
These pretzels make me thirsty.
They are making me thirsty.
The pretzels make me thirsty.
I’m thirsty because these pretzels are making me thirsty.
I’m thirsty because of these pretzels.
I’m thirsty from these pretzels.
I’m getting thirsty from these pretzels.
I am thirsty because of these pretzels.

“It was Billy and the slithy toves. Did Gyre and Gimme in the Wabe. All of those people were the Borogoves. The mother rats outgrow it.”

“Billy and the Slithy Toves” will be the name of my Lovecraft-punk rock band. The mother rats will outgrow it.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.