Flag's Kickstarter to build the world's best photo printing facility

3 Likes

Do you have a print from them? I could ship you a print from my stash so you could compare.

no, I haven’t actually printed a picture in ages… and that was from MPIX. Wirecutter claims that Aspen Creek is the best right now though. The google cache of the article on Wirecutter seems to have a mention of Flag, but it didn’t make it onto the actual site.

We are an iOS team and have always planned to release on Android.

Even Google develop some products on iOS first. We do understand Android is 80% of the market and certainly don’t want to ignore it.

We’re offering free laser cutting upgrades.

Also like Amazon, we expect people to spend money even when they could get everything free because we plan to make the paid options really desirable. Thus ‘lifetime’ needn’t cost enough to cover a lifetime.

Sorry, lifetime deals, especially VPN and data backup deals, are a bit of an inside joke at Boing Boing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ll check in in about six months and see where things are then.

Too many Android versions to target easily.

Imagine being a Firefox-on-Android user and reporting a Discourse bug…

3 Likes

Not to mention increasing concerns about security on Android platforms. I’ve stopped recommending any Androids to people who ask. Unless Google and the phone manufacturers get their act together, my next personally owned phone is going to be an iPhone. (Google & other folk causing this issue, you’ve got six months. :laughing: )

I hate iOS with an unrivaled passion but my iOS devices get security updates regularly. They don’t release with known security flaws Apple promises they won’t fix for at least another six months.

1 Like

You could buy the next Nexus phone…

My Nexus 4 was a rather go hum phone, mostly because of the mediocre camera, but getting timely updates was great. I doubt my current Samsung will ever get Nougat… :frowning:

2 Likes

Is Google planning on selling it in a size smaller than “slightly undersized tablet”? I got the 2nd gen Moto X because it was essentially a Nexus in a barely-excessively-large size but since Motorola got bought by Lenovo, I’m not aware of anyone making flag ships with near-stock Android in anything smaller than “slightly undersized tablet.”

I’m not buying a phone I can never ever ever operate one handed. :crying_cat_face:

Understandable. I consider my phablet to have room to be larger :slight_smile: I got tired of carrying a phone and a tablet or Kindle. Now I just carry a decent sized phone.

Plus, the large screen will make it easier to use Flag if they deliver on the Android app ;-D

3 Likes

What kind of fool would use Firefox on Android?

One who wants to use Ghostery and uBlock? :flushed:

1 Like

I don’t even know what that means.

Tracker and ad/malware URL blocker add-ons. Does not bullet proof your browser, but it does reduce some annoyances.

1 Like

Hunh. Even Laibach’s app is available on Android.

2 Likes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.