Flint, Michigan airport assailant shouted 'Allahu Akbar' as he stabbed officer, FBI says 'an act of terrorism'

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/21/flint-airport-stabbing.html

2 Likes

The best idea this guy could come up with was attacking an officer at an airport in Flint, MI with a knife? And he couldn’t even manage that successfully? Not exactly a brain trust here.

10 Likes

But if you say ‘White Power’ you’re just angry… Sigh…

22 Likes

Maybe there’s something in the water.

30 Likes

15 Likes

By tonight ISIS will claim he’s a “soldier.”

5 Likes

If I shout “Allahu Akbar” while eating a donut doe that turn it into an act of terrorism? asking for a friend

4 Likes

More an act of praise for the donut maker…

9 Likes

It’s a trap!

2 Likes

I get that “our” use of the word terrorism is itself a political act. (Why are white guys hurting people for political reasons not automatically called terrorists, etc.) But your point here has gone over my head. Is the Flint stabber obviously not a terrorist? Are people overly freaked out by the addition of “Allahu akbar”?

I was going to say, is he from Flint? Lead will lead to increased aggression.

2 Likes

Depends… what kind of donut?

1 Like

Technically the Flint airport services basically all of central Michigan. He could be from anywhere between Holly and Midland or Saginaw easily.

4 Likes

Actually, the stabber is from Canada, which blows their peaceable rep out of the water (although he did have to go to the US before he could commit his crime.)

Having spent some time in Flint, I have no idea why someone would go there, terrorist or not.

3 Likes

Truth in Photoshop;

12 Likes

His point is that yelling out “god is great” is something a lot of people do even when they are not committing an act of terrorism. By itself its a really flimsy basis for determining if an act of violence is terrorism.

Also, are we sure he didn’t say Alu Akbar? Maybe the guy is a balsamic extremist who really, really likes vinegar and chips.

8 Likes

Are we sure he didn’t say Admiral Akbar? Maybe the guy has a Star Wars fetish.

And are we sure he doesn’t work for United Airlines?

It seems like something becomes “terrism” on the least little excuse. I make sure I park real careful nowadays.

1 Like

3 Likes

A guy yelling “Allahu Akbar” while jumping off the high dive doesn’t sound much like terrorism, you’re right.

But a guy yelling “Allahu Akbar” and stuff about the US’s crimes in the Middle East while stabbing someone in the neck?

3 Likes

Imagine a white guy yelling about ruby ridge and God’s divine will then and stabbing a cop. Is that also “terrorism” or is that somebody going postal?

4 Likes