Florida police chief and officer who were outed as KKK members are both out of jobs

I don’t see what that has to do with attempting to legitimize an organization devoted to hate and violence.

Your experience is irrelevant to malaction. I don’t know your “true soul” and nor do I care to.

If you think any of your experience justifies downplaying the importance of rooting out the Klan in law enforcement, you have no clue how you sound outside your head. This should bother you more than it does currently.

3 Likes

I have. Very personally! However, I don’t believe institutional racism can be brought down by anti-racist agitating or even by firing KKK member LEOs; I agree with Dr. Martin Luther King and Booker T. Washington, who both believed that direct action to redress economic disparity is the best way to disempower racists and dismantle structural inequity. So while you and I seem to have different viewpoints on policing, we might have similar viewpoints about what we need to do going forward. I want to see equal access to prenatal care, education, and employment opportunities for ALL people… (which is the opposite of the US federal government’s current direction, of course, and completely orthogonal to screaming about the KKK). Would you agree?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.