Police union leader invites bad cops to work in Florida

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/09/police-union-leader-invites-ba.html

5 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

33 Likes

Fortunately, the Dem presidential nominee is taking a strong leadership position on de-funding horrible police departments like this throughout the country. /s

35 Likes

Just take a gander at his picture… Gosh, how surprising he’d act this way, amirite? /s

7 Likes

bugsbunny.gif

14 Likes

He has alredy come out and said he is against defunding police departments.

Of course he has. :roll_eyes: The Democratic party in America is only left of the Republicans in a relative way, one is conservative and the other is bat shit insane conservative. Yeah, I’ll still vote Democratic because at least they’re not actively setting the country on fire, but I’m not exactly holding any hope that they’ll make things less flammable.

23 Likes

What on earth would Florida do with nearly all of the police?

24 Likes

So it won’t just be a few bad apples, but all the bad apples in Florida.

4 Likes

The last few days the newspaper has been inundated with empty “apologies” from assholes like this walking back their stupidity. Whatever happened to engaging your brain before opening your mouth? WTF, this is really getting old.

6 Likes

Ah, growing up in Tampa. What wonderful memories.

I see Florida Man, and I always think “there but the grace of god go I”.

I think it’s the heat and humidity. That will make any human ornery.

6 Likes

giphy

25 Likes

Well, he fits the profile.

2 Likes

My suggestion is to give them one of these abandoned towns, wall the whole place off, and allow them to brutally police each other.

26 Likes

Will they all fit?

10 Likes

In contrast there has been calls by… forgive me, I can’t recall if it was a city police chief, sheriff, or state police leader - to create a database of fired cops in Missouri so that they aren’t being recycled within the state.

Rather shocking no one thought of this sooner… but hey, I guess better late than never.

13 Likes

Police union leader invites MORE bad cops to work in Florida.

FTFY.

21 Likes

Oh please let’s don’t find out!
They can all stay on the mainland, further north, the better!

5 Likes
  1. This underscores how we absolutely need a national registry and licensure setup for all LEOs just like we do for RNs. Otherwise Sgt. Chucklefuck will be able to just hopscotch over to another state and keep being a shitheel. That has to end, ideally along with an overturn of qualified immunity.

2. This is off-topic, when seeing this dude’s razor burn reignited an unanswered question: how do men like this shave below their chins? Do they have to pull and tug at their chins to get a flat stroke in?

6 Likes

Hence the /s (for sarcasm) tag

10 Likes