Florida student sues the state over "Don't Say Gay" bill

Much of this BS new repression is grandstanding for their voter base: “See what I am doing to protect you and Gawd and Jaysus!”

They could no more care who they hurt than Trump does and for similar reasons as long as they can be seen on top of the dung heap waving the flag at no direct risk to themselves.

Problem is, scared people such as the politicians and their followers do desperate things.

I genuinely fear something akin to civil war may be coming to this country. Or, if Trump gets back in with control of House and Senate and Supreme Court, a new Stalinist style regime draped in the flag but standing on the wreckage of the Constitution.

Trump especially would burn it all to the ground: “If I can’t have it, one one can have it.” He is the evil child in the old Twilight Zone episode with infinite powers. “You be dead!”

2 Likes

They’re not scared. They’re bigots. They voted for Trump because he attacked the people they do not like and do not want to have equal rights. That’s it.

15 Likes

Robert Reich says we’re already there:

10 Likes

I hope he’s wrong, but I concur with the premise that if and when the second American Civil War begins it will not be widely recognized as such until it’s been underway for some time. And I do think that a full-scale armed conflict remains a very real possibility even though it won’t be neatly organized along state lines this time.

If our society does descend into full-scale armed conflict soon I wonder what event our future historians will recognize as the opening shots of the war. January 6, 2021? Earlier? Some event that is yet to pass?

9 Likes

8 Likes

Rob Lowe Fox GIF by Mental Samurai

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.