Q-Nuts: "Don't Say Gay"

Originally published at: Q-Nuts: "Don't Say Gay" | Boing Boing

19 Likes
14 Likes

30 Likes

Also surprising no one DeSantis’s justification for Florida’s law is based on outright lies.

16 Likes

Simply brilliant!

GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY

12 Likes

Paging Randy Rainbow! Randy Rainbow to the white courtesy telephone, please!

9 Likes
13 Likes

The year is 1983 (or maybe 1984). My family and I, we are coming back from summer vacation at a camp. My father turns on the car radio for the local station. It’s a priest yammering about sin and modern way of life leading to depravation and Hell. He starts ranting on hidden satanic messages that you can hear when you play rock songs backwards.
He starts playing a Beatles song. My dad raises an eyebrow. Paul Cartney repeats ‘number nine’ several times and the priest plays that part backwards, and now we hear (sort of) : ‘turn me on, dead man’. The priest then declares this a proof that the Beatles were necrophiliacs.
I turn to my dad and ask him : “Dad, what’s negrophila?”.
My dad shuts off the radio and immediately asks us, merrily : “Who wants to sing some songs?”
And that was the end of it.

13 Likes

Interestingly, you can substitute the word “Evil” with “Religion” while retaining full accuracy.

5 Likes

Unfortunately it seems most of the US agrees with “Don’t Say Gay”.

The Yahoo News/YouGov poll found that, overall, only 27% of Americans support allowing discussions of LGBTQ people in elementary schools while half say they should be illegal.

5 Likes

I really am starting to hate these poll stories, because they use tiny samples and become headline news

What may be more unexpected is that the new survey of 1,618 U.S. adults, which was conducted from March 31 to April 4,

ETA: This kind of thing bothers me in financial news, too, like when they report a 500 point drop in the stock market as if that’s cause for grave concern or panic on the part of investors. News outlets keep reporting numbers without providing any context for the source or how it relates to the whole (like percentage of US population, or the DJIA). I’m wondering if there’s a way to submit this as an idea for an in-depth report, because it’s a terrible practice and another way organizations are using misinformation to weaponize lazy journalism and influence public opinion.

11 Likes

The stupidest part of that is the assumption that “discussions of LGBTQ people” always have to be about sex. As the cartoon and others have pointed out ad nauseam you can talk about sexual orientation without it having anything to do with sex.

To take an easy, obvious, and oft-cited example there’s nothing about sex in Leslea Newman’s Heather Has Two Mommies, and banning it and books like it harms children, especially the children of same-sex children, by promoting the idea that such families are wrong.

3 Likes

Martin Luther King Jr Quote GIF by GIPHY News

Yep. All religious people are all evil. No exceptions. /s

4 Likes

Yeah, because “Dont’ ask, don’t tell” worked so well in the U.S. military :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.