Foldable airless bicycle tires

Some context would be appreciated.

That table, though. Oh my god. That table.
Forget trophy wives or Gulfstreams, I have found my motivation to get rich at last.

2 Likes

How does bringing one wheel with you solve anything?

3 Likes

Slime is unreliable garbage. Why carry a whole new wheel when the only thing you need is a patch kit and a CO2 inflator that probably weighs 5% of a whole replacement wheel, and fits in a tiny gear bag under your seat? This is a problem in search of a solution. Even foldable bikes already solved this; they use smaller wheels.

1 Like

Yeah, that part seemed kind of silly. I’d have thought they’d at least hint at a useful design application, like “you could make a wheelchair that folds small enough to fit into an overhead luggage compartment!” or something along those lines.

1 Like

I’d like to hijack this thread now and discuss my perfect bike setup with you, dammmit!

cff4e518441385e5a942e9b6bcc5d076

7 Likes
1 Like

Is the master race failing at homonyms?

What is the sound of a symbol crashing?

my fingers disagree and ran shrieking back into my sleeves at the very sight of that thing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

over-engineer, under-achieve

1 Like

The folded configuration appears to take up substantially more total volume, not less. The longest dimension is shorter, but if you aren’t a unicyclist, you’ll need two, plus an actual bicycle—I’d rather just have a couple of wide but shallow regular tires, whether attached or detached from the frame, than two bulky bundles plus a frame.

1 Like

/eye twitch - (where the fuck is that emoticon?)

‘Wheel’ can include the tyre, but ‘tyre’ doesn’t include the wheel.

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.