Follow-up

3 Likes

Microsoft’s relationship with OpenAI now in competition regulator’s sights

_The UK’s competition regulator wants to know if recent changes at OpenAI and its evolving relationship with Microsoft are cause for concern.

Specifically, the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is asking interested parties to comment on whether the “partnership” between the two tech vendors, “including recent events” equates to a “relevant merger situation” – the sort the CMA inspects – and if so, how that has influenced competition.

[…]

4 Likes

https://archive.ph/DTPp9

3 Likes
1 Like

chatting with DB last night, he was speculative this would be coming. this has wider implications affecting an entire department that he is connected to.
this bullshit in isreal/ gaza has already made it impossible for his team to be in northern iraq/ kurdistan to continue work at nimrud right now, and possibly for the foreseeable future.

7 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Unfortunately, now that I have a job again, I have about $2,000 of unused coding classes I don’t know what to do with.

:rofl:

5 Likes
5 Likes

@Mindysan33

#1 Atlanta

1 Like

I kind of wonder, given that we apparently have some of the worst income inequality in the country? Dicken’s is talking a good game about affordable housing in the city (they are building some homeless housing inside the city though), and it’s not as expensive as in other places for sure, but they’ve pushed the homeless out of city center, and there are homeless people struggling all over the metro now. It’s disheartening to see.

Also, traffic. Our public transit is seriously lacking. If there is a place you need to go on the marta train line (like my daughter going to school) you’re good… but otherwise, you got to use the buses, which can take hours. And of course, the train doesn’t go much further outside the perimeter except at a couple of points, since the previously solid red counties kept rejecting marta service of any kind.

The beltline is a real point of pride for many and it’s great! Although it’s certainly driving gentrification. Many of the new places being built on the belt line are unaffordable. I’m thinking of places like the old City Hall East building, which is now a mall called Ponce City Market… like many of the new builds, it has high end shops, restaurants, mini-golf and a bar on the rooftop, plus apartments, which are pretty pricey… it’s also right on the beltline…

But still… welcome to ATL!

Happy Lets Go GIF by Major League Soccer

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

https://archive.ph/czsTa

Another development in the Atlanta “Stop Cop City” effort:

Also found this article about similar projects in progress in other US cities:

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes
4 Likes

Kung Fu Reaction GIF
I

9 Likes

comedy central season 3 episode 19 GIF by Workaholics

4 Likes

The ongoing drama of the Oregon legislative GOP FAFO with quorum-denying absences:

One judge refused to block removal of legislators from ballots; other state in court that it was clear that voters were voting on whether to prevent walk-out state legislatures from ballot. It’s not looking good for the shitheads.

Spongebob Squarepants Nickelodeon GIF

10 Likes