Food reviewer really likes American cheese

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/08/food-reviewer-really-likes-ame.html

2 Likes

processed cheese food

I retch at the mere mention of that shit.

21 Likes

I didn’t know that cheese ate anything.

16 Likes

Nothing defines the United States of America better.

10 Likes

At one point growing up, we had a 5 pound block of US government “American Cheese.” The somewhat ironic thing is that about the only thing it was good for was nachos…The taste wasn’t great, but it melted to a very smooth consistency, in exactly the way that cheddar sometime doesn’t.

6 Likes

That’ll do, algorithms, that’ll do:

11 Likes

I don’t consider it “orange.” I consider it “Presidential”

24 Likes

HA HA HA!

typing down here to satisfy BB

1 Like

It’s pretty good when melted for nachos or on a burger.

4 Likes

Making Cheese Grate Again!

19 Likes

I am rather unpleasantly reminded of George Orwell’s folksy bullshit phase.

5 Likes

A grilled cheese sandwich with Kraft Singles is the pure joy sought all our lives but only found in the Saturday mornings of childhood. A grilled cheese sandwich with some other cheese is just a grilled cheese sandwich.

19 Likes

Love cheese,any type but kind of ashamed to admit my favorite is Velveta.

7 Likes

It must be a remainder of my white trash upbringing, but… it’s a requirement for a proper toasted cheese sandwich!

8 Likes

11 Likes

Hi everyone. Mr Bad Influence here.

Kraft Singles: absolutely perfect and irreplaceable for cheeseburgers. Also excellent for cheesesteaks (especially the Steak-Umm trailer-trash variant). I also prefer 'em for ham sandwiches and breakfast burritos.

Dogs love 'em, too.

18 Likes

He can write a whole book about how great American cheese is; and he would still be wrong.

15 Likes

Everybody, stay calm. It’s not as if he were putting ketchup on hot dogs or something like that.

17 Likes

He’d be extra-correct if he did.

11 Likes

Who the fuck puts ketchup on a sandwich?

5 Likes