For 13 years, Texas has been secretly, illegally denying kids special education

3 Likes

That’s a good way to look at it. Ever talk with a boneheaded right winger who seethes at the idea of free birth control, yet is against abortion, freaks out about people having babies out of wedlock or kids on welfare?
A sane person is like “All the free birth control!” A bonehead is like “I don’t want to pay for your fun!”
Fucking dipshits, the whole lot of them.
I’m so done trying to be civil with people that are dumb as rocks. Fuck it. That time is gone.

16 Likes

Why, are they not getting any?

I’ve never understood being against sex. Nobody who is happy with their sex life should begrudge anyone else theirs, assuming it’s happy and consensual.

6 Likes

Likely they’re not, but I think it’s the paying part they have a problem with. As in people getting public assistance to get birth control.
Like I said, you’d think that was a no-brainer, but…

3 Likes

If everybody gets free stuff to “have fun”, what’s the problem?

2 Likes

I hope that there’s a Texas lawyer salivating at the thought of a class action lawsuit against Rick Perry.

7 Likes

I would choose Perry if these were the only options. He has less open malevolence. (But more open ignorance. Thus easier to manipulate into doing the right things if good people can wedge some moles up in there.)

@LearnedCoward: no it won’t. Lived there age 8 to 10 back when Reagan was president. It’s worse now than then, and entropy seems to be dragging it to worse. Always.

2 Likes

At least they got rid of Perry!

It’s not just Texas! I thought I was doing something good by being a teacher in Florida. I saw stuff like this going on and tried my best to change it, to no avail. A new principal was appointed specifically to get rid of teachers at our school who championed students. When I pointed out to her that she was actually violating state statutes, and even the school districts own policies, I became one of her targets.

She succeeded in culling over half the teachers at my school including me, I retired a little over halfway through the year, before we had one student murder another who had been bullying him at school. She was transferred shortly afterward.

5 Likes

But they put in Greg Abbott

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.