For Massachusetts/Boston area Mutants

Net Neutrality Community Discussion

Senator Edward J. Markey will lead a conversation about his recent efforts to overturn the Trump administration’s repeal of net neutrality. The Senator seeks to restore a free and open internet that ensures a level online playing field for all internet users.
The panel will include Tom Wheeler (former Chairman of the FCC), Sir Tim Berners-Lee (Invented the World Wide Web), Susan Crawford (John A. Reilly Clinical Professor of Law, Harvard Law School) and Mohamed Ali (President and CEO, Carbonite).

Date/Time: Thursday, April 19th at 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Location: Kirkland Junior Common Room, Kirkland House, Harvard University
95 Dunster Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/309315826264670/

1 Like

Sounds intriguing. Is there any way to RSVP while avoiding facebook contact? I suspect that I don’t actually do enough as it is; but I’d still prefer not to make it any easier for them.

I think you can just show up; the RSVP is to get an idea if they might need an overflow area.

Net Neutrality Community Discussion
Due to the overwhelming response, we will be moving the location of the event
Senator Edward J. Markey will lead a conversation about his recent efforts to overturn the Trump administration’s repeal of net neutrality. The Senator seeks to restore a free and open internet that ensures a level online playing field for all internet users.
The panel will include Tom Wheeler (former Chairman of the FCC), Sir Tim Berners-Lee (Invented the World Wide Web), Susan Crawford (John A. Reilly Clinical Professor of Law, Harvard Law School) and Mohamad Ali (President and CEO, Carbonite).

Date/Time: Thursday, April 19th at 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
New Location: Wong Auditorium, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
2 Amherst Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/309315826264670/
Parking/Transportation:
For those taking public transportation: The Kendall/MIT station on the MBTA Red Line is a 3 minute walk from the auditorium. The main door for the building is at the corner of Wadsworth St and Amherst St.
For those arriving by car: Limited street parking will be available. Nearby parking garages can found at
-Kendall Center Green Garage, 90 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142
-1 Memorial Garage, 1 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA 02142
-Kendall Square South Garage, 350 Kendall St, Cambridge MA 02142

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.