Forensic experts recover novel written by blind woman with a pen that had run out of ink

No. A palimpsest is a physical medium (such as slate or some types of parchment, canvas or clay) that has been erased and used again. This was being written on using a medium (paper) that had not been first erased. The slight difference being that in this case the writing instrument only left an impression and didn’t deliver any ink to the paper.

Nerp.

1 Like

You aren’t supposed to watch in Russian, silly. The dude likes to drink White Russians,

3 Likes

I simply cannot imagine any police department in the US doing something like this. Sad.

I could. They aren’t all assholes.

1 Like

Well, they did it for free during their breaks, so let’s not be too churlish, hmm?

3 Likes

Moon runes.

Don’t get me wrong - it was absolutely lovely of them to do it, it just feels like it was a waste of their time, given that she could have rewritten the lost passage multiple times over. Plus, it sucks to lose a week’s worth of work, but when the solution is five months of someone else’s labor (which, granted, wasn’t actually five months, but still obviously a lot of hours), it’s not a reasonable trade-off, especially since re-writing usually only helps a work.

1 Like

A miracle! She could see!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Bader Meinhoff effect

mumble mumble Leonardo chatting with the Mona recorded in dried paint strokes …

1 Like

Sounds to me like they approached it as a fun challenge to do during their free time. Kind of like a jigsaw puzzle for forensics geeks.

4 Likes

Hopefully! (Rather than simply as a charitable act.) Hopefully they got really expert at reconstructing documents, too.

1 Like

It’s really sweet they did that for her.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.