Forget fart sounds—Cecil Dill's masterfully squeezed his hands together to make beautiful music (video)

Originally published at: Forget fart sounds—Cecil Dill's masterfully squeezed his hands together to make beautiful music (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

When I saw the headline I wondered if he was the guy on weird Al’s “another one rides the bus” but that was apparently a guy called “Musical Mike”:

3 Likes

While I cannot perform this musical feat, when I’m in the pool I can use my hands to squirt water accurately over 3 feet away.

2 Likes

Also featured in “I Love Rocky Road”, and appears in the music video!

1 Like

Oh yeah I forgot about that video! Ha!!

I mean… they’re still fart sounds.

1 Like

Man, people did a lot of weird shit for entertainment back in the day. Coincidentally i watched this video yesterday, which is about a humble olde timey instrument. The saw. I learned in the video that the theremin was invented with one of its goals being to duplicate how the saw sounds

:musical_note: Listen to my hand-farts
I’m in love with you.
Let me hear you whisper
That you hand-fart too. :musical_note:

2 Likes

This dude was born for YouTube!

Thanks! That was a very nos-thrill.

1 Like

Honestly that is horrible.
A friend of mine learned, during his compulsory military service, to snap his fingers with his remaining fingers open or closed appropriate amounts in order to create music. He did a really impressive “Popeye the Sailor Man” – which sounded good! Not like this! But he was very modest and said that his teacher could do harmonies, what with having two hands.

1 Like

sniff That’s beautiful

A lovely lady and one of my wife’s schoolfriends!

2 Likes

Really? What a small world :smiley: just know her from that one video and she seems like a pretty rad person

1 Like

Oxford (UK) is a bubble. :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.