This creepy baby-doll head is also a Theremin

Originally published at: This creepy baby-doll head is also a Theremin | Boing Boing

2 Likes

chuck supernatural rob benedict GIF by Kings of Con

6 Likes

My BF bought one of these for the singer of the bands he’s in. His friend was naturally thrilled, but it’s a disappointment. The first gig he tried using it, the eyes lit up, but it made no sound. After a short time, the eyes quit working, too.

This is not at all disappointing:

4 Likes

Hmm, seems like you could make all kinds of weird theremins, like maybe a dildo-shaped theremin (but then I wouldn’t have the balls to play it.)

2 Likes

I was like that as a child.

2 Likes

Man, the Theremin is so magical. It might not be much of a musical instrument, but the curious hand movements conjuring sounds from the air is still cool.

You could play the Theme from Shaft on it.

Edit: or maybe something by the Fourskins.

3 Likes

It’s my understanding that mastering the theramin as a musical instrument is very challenging, but it can be done. Check out Grégoire Blanc’s youtube if you’re interested.

One of my favorites:

4 Likes

So I’ve heard… people treat it like a novelty, but playing it well is apparently incredibly difficult. All my respect goes to people who do master it…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.