Forget sticking your nose out of your mask – now you can stick your mouth out instead with the "kosk"

Some good people quoted in the article, but it’s kind of weak. And at least one statement is misleading and partially false:

She adds that “for individuals who wear glasses like I do, you can see if you’re glasses are fogging up. That means air is escaping out the top,” and your mask is not perfectly sealed.

Fogging your glasses can be a sign of air bypassing the filter and escaping under your N95 respirator. However, it can also just be warm air rising up through the mask, which is made entirely of porous filter media that lets humid air rise up right through it. Even a perfectly sealed filtering facepiece respirator can fog your glasses. Elastomeric respirators will not, because air can’t rise through the top part of the rubber or silicone mask, though the bulky seal at the nose bridge can make wearing glasses awkward.

2 Likes

Hm, ten for $8. I almost wonder if these would be useful to pointedly hand out to people being out and about in public in more enclosed spaces that are still wearing their mask, ahem, “dicknose” style. Because “they have to breathe”, or whatever.
Stay Home How To GIF by INTO ACTION

This would be great combined with a mask for those people who can’t keep their nose tucked in.

3 Likes

2 Likes

This, but sideways

2 Likes

Didn’t a sunday Bloom County once illustrate a bra that certain penguins could wear over their nose, for modesty’s sake?

1 Like

Is it wrong that what annoys me about the “UZI method” smoking ad is that the gun is not an Uzi? :thinking:

4 Likes
1 Like

Emergency Induction Port.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.