Former house painter angry at house painters he hired

Originally published at: Former house painter angry at house painters he hired | Boing Boing

7 Likes

You want it done right, then do it yourself.

8 Likes

because when you scrub a mark or stain on satin paint, you end up with a patch of eggshell. Better its all eggshell.

2 Likes

flat white back to vermeer

1 Like

Would make a Red House Painters reference here, but fuck Mark Kozelek

6 Likes

I think this is supposed to be funny, but all I see is shades of Jim Cramer.

1 Like

Let’s be honest; there are probably a lot of people who would freak out if a bunch of Satinists showed up at their home.

19 Likes

Nah - I’d gloss over it.

21 Likes

I’d be walking on eggshells, myself.

8 Likes

Prime yourself in advance then all will be silk smooth.

7 Likes

I’d put out the welcome matte for them.

9 Likes

Eggshell finish is also easier for touch up you’ll have to do at some point down the road.

2 Likes

Paid mechanics to rebuild the front end on my car. They left out bushings on the swaybar, and a spacer on an upper A-arm.
I’ll be very wary about paying anybody to do anything again;despite paying at or above market rates; that I could do myself.
Fwiw - regular, boring front end suspension; no struts, nothing new or different since the dawn front ends; which for most purposes; really haven’t changed much. Shock in coil, control arms, sway bar; just standard boring too easy front end. Shameful quality. :I

The devil is in the details.

2 Likes

I just love that this show the kind of nerdy passion about a specific topic that people like Linus can get. Like, he’s obviously a PC enthusiast and knows more than I’ll ever know various tech related subjects. But that same level of knowledge and competency even displays when he’s ranting about house painting.

Also, ex-house painter could be interpreted in a different way.

2 Likes

Iii totally understand your frustration

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.