Former UK Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg identified in court as Facebook executive bribed by OnlyFans to blacklist rival adult entertainers

Originally published at: Former UK Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg identified in court as Facebook executive bribed by OnlyFans to blacklist rival adult entertainers | Boing Boing

7 Likes

He sold out every UK student around 10 years ago so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that he has a price.

32 Likes

On one side there’s sex workers and on the other there’s prostitutes.

27 Likes

Came here to comment exactly to that effect.

I wasn’t even a voting student, first-time lib dem voter, despite already having paid off my student debt. Though I was in a proper safe-seat. - TW2 vince cable.

The worst thing was what they sold it for - a vote on an AV system that they didn’t even want.

13 Likes

META = Criminal Organization

FACT

10 Likes

can’t stand this guy… no surprise he works at a company I also can’t stand

11 Likes

He’s why I have 40 grand student loan debt. Thanks, Nick.

17 Likes

‘The worst thing was what they sold it for - a vote on an AV system that they didn’t even want.’

A vote they then went on to lose because Clegg wouldn’t force Cameron and the Tories to back the change to AV.

Zuckerberg must have realised Clegg’s Deputy PM track record of utter shamelessness and willingness to put up with any humiliation in defence of the unacceptable made him a shoo-in at Facebook.

9 Likes

To Britons, Clegg is a former deputy Prime Minister whose 2010 coalition government with the Conservative Party resulted in his own Liberal Democrat party losing 49 of its 57 seats at the next election—a parliamentary annihilation the party is barely recovering from more than a decade later.

It’s funny, I was wondering why I had a visceral reaction to the name, thinking “wait haven’t I heard of this asshole before?..” Thanks for confirming that Rob.

8 Likes

Well, I know what tomorrow’s content mines podcast will be about. They hate Nick.,for good reason

6 Likes

And the long history of organized crime working to extract rents from sex work carries on another day…

3 Likes

Before that coalition, the betryal of students, and the disastrous AV referendum, do you remember that televised debate, where the other leaders kept saying ‘I agree with Nick’? The headline-writers got quite excited about it in the next day or two, and IIRC I think polling shifted impressively (for them) towards the Lib Dems.

Anyway, can you imagine popping into the DeLorean and showing people this headline, back then?

5 Likes

I’m not the greatest fan of Nick Clegg, but this really doesn’t seem a credible allegation. He’s reportedly paid up to £15m pa by Meta, just how large a bribe would anyone need to put that at risk? Particularly as the claimed conduct would be a criminal offence in the US and the UK. Just doesn’t ring true.

I’d dare say it doesn’t ring true that OnlyFans would “inadvertantly” out him and the others in a court filing despite being a co-defendant. The whole thing is weirdly laser-guided.

5 Likes

Trump cheats the smallest contractors along with the largest. Criminals don’t discriminate on the size of their victims. Also - they know it’s easier to push around the smaller ones.

7 Likes

We’re talking about people who view money differently than we do. Money isn’t for survival, comfort, or even to buy nice things. At that level, money is about keeping score and cheating to pick up a little more is part of the game.

No matter how much he might have been paid by Meta, he was not yet winning so he needed more points from whatever source.

6 Likes

Nick Clegg being a greedy little shit? Rings true enough to me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.