Facebook sends Nick Clegg to rebut co-founder Chris Hughes' call for breakup

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/10/facebook-sends-nick-clegg-to-r.html

3 Likes

What other long standing Lib-Dem policies does Nick Clegg also not believe in?

9 Likes

But you don’t enforce accountability by calling for the break up of a successful American company

History calls BS on that – see the successful 19th century railroads or 20th century phone company before and after being broken up. If one company is monopolising an industry it will stymie any any attempt to impose accountability, and buy serving and former politicians like Clegg to make sure of it.

6 Likes

Keep your damned dirty rules off of my internet.

2 Likes

Well, free or low cost university tuition, for one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well, yeah… clegg has morals until they contradict with any opportunity that may bring him increased status and now profit it seems.

2 Likes

I don’t know which is more sad; that he thinks Facebook is the Internet, or that he doesn’t know the difference.

Instead of breaking up Facebook, can’t we just burn it to the ground? Nothing but ashes and cinders, I say.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.