Fortnite welcomes Android users

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/09/fortnite-welcomes-android-user.html

If your phone is not on this list, it might still work assuming if you have the following specs:

RAM: 3GB or higher
GPU: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher

Hmm - I have PUBG on my phone, and it is fun…

I may have to try Fortnight out as it looks a bit more fun in some ways… or I should stop wasting so much time and do something with my life.

3 Likes

Sayonara, productivity…

2 Likes

I presume they opted not to go through Google play so they can patch things as needed and not having to go through Google’s certification. Also more likely? Money. They probably wanted to avoid Google getting a cut from purchases of items.

1 Like

I have a game that gets patched/updated weekly. Occassionally emergency patching that isn’t planned. So I wouldn’t think that is an issue. I can’t see google is approving every update.

I think they avoided google to avoid the 30% of purchase going to them.

1 Like

Every update still needs to go through certification, which i presume has a cost also attached to it. Skipping Google altogether likely works for Epic on multiple levels.

It’s nice to see more games on phones like this although I prefer ARPGs like Titan Quest (PC and the iPhone version). :slight_smile:

I dunno, it seems these weekly updates happen pretty quickly and timely. What is it google is approving? These updates don’t happen through the site, but through the app. And considering lots of other apps have weekly updates, I have to question the feasibility of getting every bug fix approved.

Though sometimes there is a VERSION update, and that goes through the Play store.

I dunno, that galaxy outfit looks kinda tight, just saying…

NO! Get Fortnite and then let us know your friend code!!! THIS IS THE WAY AND THE LIGHT.

:smiley:

LOL. It may be early next week but I’ll PM it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.