Fox News explains why Mr. Rogers was an "evil, evil man"

In my short stint as an elementary school teacher about 10 years ago, they didn’t tell the special kids anything, they just pulled string with a local councilmember to have the projects zoned out of their district, then raked in the bonuses and accolades when the school’s standardized test scores rose…

16 Likes

Ten years ago, or today, it still doesn’t matter:

Assholes gonna be assholes.

Mr Rogers was everything.

40 Likes

The documentary and biopic starring Tom Hanks are from right now.

You sound disappointed.

24 Likes

I’m actually not a ‘Mr. Rogers’ kid. It’s not a case of evil parents, we just didn’t get that channel. BUT - I see at least 4 exhibitionists who have never, ever heard, “You are special” and certainly never “I love you”.

…and they sure as $hit never did farm chores…the livestock would have kicked the crap outta them.

7 Likes

You know, just FUCK FUX NEWS! I’m so sick and tired of these lying, bloviating, useless, spineless, moronic imbeciles opening their shit holes and hearing shit spewing out. They’re lives are meaningless and when they go home I wonder if they realize this.

7 Likes

19 Likes

It’s not like anyone here needed definitive proof that Fox News is run by human garbage*, but for others here it is.

[* a term Fred Rogers would never have used, but I’m not the man he was]

16 Likes

1 Like

Yes, I’m disappointed in BoingBoing for turning a single useful sentence (“Fred Rogers is the subject of a documentary and a biopic starring Tom Hanks, both out later this year”) into 3 paragraphs about an old video, with a clickbait title.

4 Likes

In the spirit of Fred Rogers, my reaction is to say,

In the spirit of Mr. Robinson’s Neighborhood my reaction, “can you say…”

23 Likes

yeah all that “correlation is not causation” is a Dem plot to subvert the American right to be misinformed.

2 Likes

If you think 2008 is “ancient history”, you’re a (young) idiot, plain and simple. And as noted above, the Fred Rogers biopic is just around the corner.

And for those who flagged this post as “inappropriate”… Whatever. You seriously are more offended by being called an “idiot” than “f*cking moron” above? Yeah, right; get over yourself.

10 Likes

Shit, I have stuff inside mine of a similar vintage.

11 Likes

Well, they are special. And he was saccharine. But what’s particularly weird about this is that this is an essentially Christian teaching. You are special in the eyes of god. Special enough to die for. Doesn’t matter whether you are stupid or brilliant, what matters is that you participate, because whatever your faults are god loves you.

Maybe what pisses them off is that he was horning in on their territory and secularizing it. Maybe Mr. Rogers was the Martin Luther of our time, nailing his theses onto the door of our brains saying “you don’t need a corrupt religious intermediary to be told you’re special and loved”. Naturally, popes will fight back.

Causality/Causation etc. I grew up on Mr. Rogers but the youngins became entitled and useless well after my generation. :wink:

28 Likes

When your worldview depends on an us vs them attitude and the fantasy/expectation of an imminent apocalypse when your disinclination towards being nice to people will be seen as a laudable survival trait, the guy telling you to be nice to everyone no matter who they are or how they are different than you is the equivalent of telling you to let yourself be killed by marauding zombies.

10 Likes

I live in Pittsburgh, and the United States Postal Service just unveiled a Mr. Rodgers stamp yesterday in the city. I grew up with Mr. Rodgers on my TV.

If anything proves that Fox News, conservatives, and the Republican party is actually soulless, heartless, morally bankrupt, and almost near evil, in the way they have systematically perverted what was good and wholesome in Christianity, hatred of Mr. Rodgers is about the most clear and damning proof.

Fuck these assholes.

Mr. Rodgers did more good for humanity in one day than a lifetime of their inactivity shitting on the pot in between demonizing decency ever did.

Fuck them.

31 Likes

old? I suppose it was just a short time after he passed when they said that about him.

I can understand your concern, BoingBoing did not go near far enough.

3 Likes

From what I know of him (Mr Rogers wasn’t a thing in the UK) it sounds like Fred Rogers was a Christian in the sense that he lived his life as Jesus would have wanted him to, rather than the prosperity gospel bullshit that is far too common today. It’s no wonder that Fox News hate him.

38 Likes

Oh and I forgot to add that conservatives should also like him because was a fan of private property!

[quote]A Place of My Own (Song)

Written by Fred Rogers | © 1970, Fred M. Rogers

I like to have a place of my own
A place where I can be by myself
When I want to think and play by myself.
I like to have a place of my own.

A step on a staircase, a drawer or a chair
A corner, a spot anywhere
A place I can call my own.

Dishes have places;
So do pots and pans,
Beds and bathtubs,
Shoes and socks.
Tables have places;
So do faces and hands.
Houses have places;
Keys have locks,
I like to have a place of my own.

A place where I can be by myself.
When I want to play and think by myself.
I like to have a place of my own.[/quote]

9 Likes

Unicorn chaser #2

And finally…

14 Likes