Free energy for sale: Steorn's impossible Orbo hits the market

it’s made of layers of dissimilar conductive metals, with layers of a non-conductive “electret” material sandwiched between them

Sounds familiar

8 Likes

Nah. Trump would have a subscription scheme. Bernie is the one promising cheap/free stuff.

The sensible thing to do would have been to run it as a kickstarter

5 Likes

Who hijacked Boing Boing HQ and deactivated their complete bullshit detector?

9 Likes

Mojo Jojo!!! He was kind of the best!!!

6 Likes

My favorite song off that album…

3 Likes

“Woof. Woof, woof.
That’s my other perpetual motion scheme.”

5 Likes

“a directory of mostly wonderful things”, ‘mostly’ in this case is the ‘impossible’ part : )

2 Likes

Way to go BB, link back to these shills so they get even more attention.

Attention is what they thrive on so you’re just feeding their machine (which doesn’t produce energy, free or otherwise. it just produces money for them).

3 Likes

Maybe in a few months, when the Orbo is 99% off?

14 Likes

That worked for Apple a few times.

3 Likes

Can I link this up to power this ADE-651 bomb detector I bought off James McCormick?

13 Likes

It’s not free if there’s tax increases along with it, although given how the American healthcare system is, switching to single payer and increasing taxes a bit would probably still end up saving the average person money overall.

I think that is the tool used to verify that the Orbo is, in fact, running on perpetual motion.

5 Likes

Spoiler alert: it is a fraud, and they will not deliver a product that meets their claims.

6 Likes

Wow, that Facebook page is remarkably friendly, I thought. Well, if you are wondering, the number of skeptical posts it takes to get banned is apparently “2”.

13 Likes

You are braver than I. As I read through the comments all I saw was, “how much does it cost in X currency?”

2 Likes

I think it’s important to publicly call out stuff like this. Being ignored by skeptics won’t make them go away.

Ideally, if a naive consumer googles “Steorn” or “Orbo” or “Free Energy” the top results should be a list of articles describing those con artists for what they are rather than just a bunch of gushing press releases promising the impossible.

13 Likes

My God – A Kelly’s Heroe’s reference 45 years later! I take my hat off to you!

but I think you meant to be in this thread.

8 Likes

They are being pretty aggressive about deleting unfriendly posts.

Now I’m starting to think that this is just an investor lead generator. They’re directing all inquiries to an email address, so when they are done they’ll have a list of rich idiots. No need to actually ship one of these devices.

15 Likes