"Free hug man" in Times Square punches woman for not paying him

Putting the word insurance in scare quotes doesn’t change the fact that uninsured Americans are now down to single digits; the ACA is specifically meant to help people from going bankrupt due to medical bills. Insurance varies in quality depending on what one can afford, but yes, that’s what insurance is for.

2 Likes

#FREE SHRUGS

10 Likes

As long as you’re not making minimum wage in an expensive city, you’re good to go!:wink:

2 Likes

And it fails to protect Americans from the weight of such bills. Being better than nothing is not justice. Having the bare minimum is not enough to keep enough persons from bankruptcy.

3 Likes

So the reasonable alternative is… no insurance at all?

Ideally, of course, a single-payer plan and a world where insurance companies aren’t driving medical costs to insane extremes would be wonderful, but are you saying that being covered by insurance is worse than not being covered whatsoever?

?

Insurance is no guarantee, and it’s not enough. It’s better than nothing, but the ACA had far too many concessions and still leaves people sorely behind where a better plan should be.

I’m glad all you could take from that is that everyone is okay and (disregarding reality) everyone can pay their medical bills.

2 Likes

I didn’t say that. At all. But I guess it’s fun to imagine I did?

Insurance is expensive, and there’s no guarantee – at all – that it’ll cover you. And (thanks mostly to Congressional meddling) the ACA is far from ideal. But it’s a first step. Getting people covered by insurance is surely better than having a massive number of Americans be prevented from having insurance at all due to pre-existing conditions.

What would your alternative be?

GOOD MORNING AMERICA!

Indeed.

Because 10 Carrier Strike Groups.

4 Likes

Hey man, it’s like a free hug!

2 Likes

Who and what on earth have you been arguing with for all this time, then?

I said that the insurance we have isn’t enough to protect persons and you keep ignoring that and trying to discuss enrollment numbers.

Edit: I went back and reread my original reply, you’ve been arguing with a ghost and not me this entire time, try understanding someone’s point and don’t misrepresent it while throwing jabs, it’ll waste everyone’s time less.

1 Like

You also disagreed that 70% of Americans have health insurance. I corrected you.

I agree that insurance isn’t enough to protect everyone. It’s a shame that Congress disagrees.

At no point did I say that all Americans can afford their healthcare. You did.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.