Free to troll here without fear of retribution

imo, there were a few people explaining how their experience was the only natural one, and the people they disagreed with were misinformed and discreditable by inference. Also, vocal fry means something because tautology.

5 Likes

It appeared to be a lot of older white males who took deep, deep umbrage that a poet related her experience of some older white males policing her speech, and were very concerned to let us all know we must stop saying things like that.

13 Likes

5 Likes

That is the most incomprehensible sentence ive read in a long time, and if that’s what was being communicated my head might have esploded.

6 Likes

BTW, I police peoples speech habits. If you can’t talk like a drunk Scotsman, you are dead to me.

7 Likes

With an opening comment like this:

it was guarantee to be an honest, thoughtful reflection on a work of poetry.

10 Likes

5 Likes

does that help?

or: someone was saying vocal fry says something about character because of a set of beliefs that when analyzed at all formally yield a self-referential set of statements that equate to ‘because that is what is, because’.

3 Likes

Worse. I can talk like a sober one.

4 Likes

CRIVENS!!!

15 Likes

Well,@miasm will be okay, at any rate :wink:

4 Likes
░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░ ░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░ ░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░ ░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░ ░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░ █░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█ █░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█ ░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░ ░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░░ ░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░░ ░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░ ░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░ ░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░ ░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░
4 Likes

10 Likes

When did this glorious thread begin?

2 Likes

Aye, git a face full o’ heid!

10 Likes

NICK O TIME LADDIE  

4 Likes

When are they going to start making movies out of the Tiffany Aching Discworld books! When! WAILY, WAILY, WAILY!!!

[ETA]

9 Likes

Are we turning this into a Scottish accent thread?

7 Likes

Keep it under yer bunnit ye glaikit feeshty aul mannie!

10 Likes

well played, lassie

5 Likes