Watch: AMAZING slam poem about policing women's speech habits

[Read the post]

1 Like

WOW! AMAZING! YOU TELL IT LIKE IT IS SISTAH!!!

Oh wait. Actually, this AMAZING slam “poem” (?) may be the single stupidest thing I’ve ever seen.

She’s pretending to be outraged that imaginary old white men are somehow telling her that the internet is ruining the English language. Or something. Right. Next.

(Why imaginary old white men, and not imaginary old white women? She doesn’t say.)

4 Likes

29 Likes

Yep, exactly

3 Likes

A feminist complaining about someone else policing her speech is a little rich.

8 Likes

So your strategy for mocking her is to prove her point by completely missing it and responding exactly like the people she claims are mocking her and attempting to silence her?

I didn’t get far into your comment history on Boing Boing but you seem to be a fairly consistent troll. Do you frequently seek out things you don’t seem to enjoy?

27 Likes

Ewww, she’s uptalking every line.

3 Likes

I’m “responding exactly like the people she claims are mocking her and attempting to silence her?”

Huh? Who’s attempting to silence her?

3 Likes

Slam Poetry somehow manages to be a far more annoying speech mannerism than the inarticulate Valley Girl talk she’s championing. I assume combining the two is some kind of meta performance. Well played, ma’am!

3 Likes

yeah, that’ll show… who?

Have you thought this tantrum through?

12 Likes

The old white men she’s talking about. The ones who interrupt her and disregard her opinions because she doesn’t live up to their standards of speech and express herself like they want her to. You know - the point that you apparently missed.

19 Likes

What, her English teachers? Or are there really old white male strangers coming up and interrupting her conversations with other people?

3 Likes

That’s not what I asked. You said I was responding exactly like the people “trying to silence her.” I don’t understand. How am I trying to silence her? (By criticizing my post, are you trying to “silence” me? I certainly don’t take it that way.)

Yeah… I’m pretty sure this argument between a bunch of guys — and I’m making that assumption based on user names and hilariously dismissive/defensive tones — is going to be really productive. /s

17 Likes

I didn’t say you were trying to silence her. I said that you were “responding exactly like the [people she claims are mocking her and attempting to silence her].” The people you’re responding like are the ones who are trying to silence her.

6 Likes

I didn’t get far into your comment history on Boing Boing but you seem to be a fairly consistent trolley

1. For Pete’s sake, I’ve only ever left like 20 comments on Boingboing.

2. I see this use of the word “trolley” often, and confess I don’t really understand it. Unless you consider a “driving trollies” to simply be someone who sees things differently than you.

2 Likes

The only people “trying to silence” her are the ones having trouble finding the mute button on the Youtube player.

4 Likes

Remember this little gem?

You only merit eye rolls at this point, dudebro.

14 Likes

If you haven’t seen men who frequently interrupt women when they’re speaking or try to correct them, you probably aren’t paying attention.

16 Likes

So…

• Person A speaks
  • Person B tries to silence her
  • Person C responds “exactly like” person B

By definition, person C is trying to silence person A. That’s what “exactly” means.

1 Like