From the empty, shutdown IRS, automated processes are sending out property seizure notices, and no human can stop them

The jokes on them! I have nothing to seize!

2 Likes

ETA: there’s a Whackyweedia summary of the source story.

6 Likes
8 Likes

Information Retrieval Services?

3 Likes

“adds a twinge of unfairness”

Gotta love the Brits.

We really don’t deserve dogs, even the ones that have been turned into brutally fast and exceptionally lethal cyborg killing machines - “Fido was a good doggie. Fido loved the nice girl very much. Fido’s in too much of a hurry to worry about the good neighbor policy. Jack the sound barrier. Bring the noise.”

3 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

If this whole shutdown is Trump making his grand case for “smaller government” (basically the same excuse he’s used for leaving so many staff positions unfilled - certainly not because of incompetence or nobody wanting to work for his administration) it doesn’t seem to be a super effective demonstration.

5 Likes

So how is that different from before the shutdown?

The op-ed’s author wrote that “many federal agencies are now operating more effectively from the top down on a fraction of their workforce” and that “we do not want most employees to return, because we are working better without them.”

I call BS: Somehow, I just don’t believe that any government agency can accurately gauge its performance over a 3 week period (or even 6 months) when there has been something of an upheaval in their operations.

5 Likes

I don’t think they really care if the demonstration is going well or if the government is working better in a leaner form. I think they just want to get rid of as much of it as they can.

6 Likes

It’s like a hostage situation… except if the hostages were delicious hamberders. And Trump is like “give me what I want or I’ll keep eating these hamberders”… ok I gotta work on that analogy. But yeah he’s got no incentive to end the shutdown. trump, his conservative and libertarian pals, and heck Putin too all would love to see the government and the IRS burn.

2 Likes

We’re all in this together!

3 Likes

Because of the Equifax hacking a couple years back, it’s best to do your taxes now just to keep someone else from doing it first.

7 Likes

Well. Fuck.

3 Likes

I bet those “Trump Officials” are still totally down with their own jobs in gummint and are happy to retain their positions, kickbacks, bribes, perks, rake-offs, sellouts, quid pro quo and uh yeah paychecks.

Those same officials just find all those other people in gummint jobs so very very problematic with all that pesky wanting to preserve the rule of law and stuff.

Even as Cult45 has benefited from all the time, thought, work and infrastructure from their predecessors in that horrible horrible bad gummint, it works to stampede us all to the cliff’s edge in the name of starting the end.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.