Fucking NY Times (and WaPo assholes)

Well coups do usually come with a bought and paid for press campaign. The US has known the importance of that for a good century.

Gotta get the propagandists front and centre dominating the discourse.

5 Likes

There’s presumably a sticky pad next to her terminal with the instructions to write your editorial in such a way that people can’t have nice things.

3 Likes

“liberal”

9 Likes

I mean he’s liberal in the old school sense: right wing, pro-power, pro-imperialism and not precisely pro-slavery but not exactly as much against it as he is pro-profit.

You know - The Centrists!

6 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/19/us/tim-walz-fertility-pregnancy.html?unlocked_article_code=1.EU4.-tBo.iAumXbjcjJyf&smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare&sgrp=c-cb

7 Likes

The old school being a 1950s Koch-connected institution when the right tried to colonize as much of the language of the left as they could, I’ll bet.

4 Likes

Oh, they used a method that weird ass gilead enthusiasts have less of an issue with?

Fast And Furious Shaw GIF by The Fast Saga

2 Likes

yeah, don’t worry. there’s no way they’ll attack other fertility treatments after they ban ivf. and they absolutely won’t try for a national ban on abortion or birth control either.

those all have different acronyms, so they’re completely safe.

/s

5 Likes

I was thinking a good century earlier than that.

3 Likes

As if Afghanistan hasn’t been this part of the world where empires get their asses kicked for centuries.

4 Likes
8 Likes

14 Likes

derry-girls-sister-michael-ffs

10 Likes

Gladstone was precisely the slavery reference (he was technically a conservative at the time but we have disagreed before about Liberals just being Conservatives pretending to be nice and thus missing the point of being a Conservative).

2 Likes

This lead story in the #BrokenTimes sets up a gang of strawmen & throws in a match. Harris never calls for price controls. The #BrokenPost said she did, never corrected it; that’s quoted here: how misinformation spreads.
Second, no one promised this would bring prices down immediately. It is obviously for the future. The Times presumes otherwise. Third, everyone knows the gouging is not at the retail level but among manufacturers, but here the Times quotes Target.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/21/business/economy/harris-price-gouging-ban-groceries.html?smid=tw-share

6 Likes

He was also a guy who praised China’s authoritarianism because it can Get Things Done and wistfully imagined having that sort of power in the US, you know, just for one day, no he wouldn’t want it to be a dictatorship permanently, don’t get him wrong, just one day to put in place the “right solutions” :roll_eyes:

One thing that letting the unwashed teeming masses chime in on The Internet has shown is that for every NY Times columnist there are a couple dozen random internet commenters with regular day jobs who are more insightful thinkers and writers on politics.

4 Likes

Couldn’t say it better myself.

5 Likes

10 Likes

12 Likes

Who fucking wrote that?

6 Likes