Fucking NY Times

:person_facepalming:

5 Likes

The federal society is far from blameless-- they essentially made a faustian bargain to hold on to power, but Trump now views them as disloyal. A pox on both their houses.

1 Like

The Federalist Society wants to control the law.

Trump: ā€œLaw? What law?ā€

2 Likes

2 Likes

I guess this narrative of Biden-is-weak is what the Ny times is going with?

6 Likes

President Biden, perhaps Amtrakā€™s most famous advocate, announced $16.4 billion in funding for rail projects on Monday, exhibiting a business-as-usual approach as polls show him trailing former President Donald J. Trump one year before Election Day.

One of the things I like best about Biden is that he always seems focused on actually doing his fucking job. I donā€™t agree with everything he says and does, but he is doing the job we sent him there to do. Heā€™s not out at campaign rallies, heā€™s not hobnobbing with other richies at his own golf resort, heā€™s not constantly lying. He just does his job. Sure, heā€™s still a politician, and he gladhands and schmoozes and exaggerates his accomplishments. Heā€™s not a a saint, and donā€™t mistake my praise for thinking heā€™s the greatest President in my lifetime, because heā€™s not. But heā€™s doing his best to return to political norms, and after Trump, we need that. Of course the NYT hates that, as do most large media outlets, because itā€™s boring and bad for their ratings/readership/page views/

6 Likes

7 Likes

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

6 Likes

3 Likes
1 Like

ā€œLiz Cheney said that Kevin McCarthy said that Donald Trump lost his appetite for a little bitā€ is the news I really didnā€™t know I didnā€™t care about.

6 Likes

Like as in, ā€œnot eating second breakfastā€ not eating? Because heā€™s not looking waifish these daysā€¦

3 Likes

1 Like

Dozens of New York Times employeesā€”including notable journalists like Megan Twohey, Julian Barnes and Emily Bazelonā€”have created an ā€œindependence caucusā€ within their union, NewsGuild-CWA, according to The Wall Street Journal .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/nyt-staffers-form-union-caucus-to-fight-for-journalistic-neutrality-report/ar-AA1lE4fS?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=383cd1647a2f4fd38d565aa2e9466201&ei=63

ā€œMultiple controversies occurred recently, including when a politician was invited to join the staffersā€™ picket line, when the union held a meeting to discuss whether to issue a statement calling for a cease-fire in Gaza, as well as the union issuing a public condemnation over the Times ā€™ coverage of transgender issues. ā€œWe see this caucus as, in part, a way to continue important conversations in our union about how to respect and balance the different priorities of our broad membership,

Transphobes donā€™t like criticism and cease fires are somehow bad.

Megan Twohey, Julian Barnes and Emily Bazelon - who are starting this caucus- have all written transphobic articles and been criticized for their work. Free speech somehow being a bad thing when people disagree with them.

3 Likes

Arrested Development Tobias GIF

When people show you who they areā€¦ Iā€™m waiting for the day AI can filter out content written by transphobes, fascists, and folks who support multiple forms of bigotry. Until then, hereā€™s my usual reaction to NYT articles:

mash up cat GIF

4 Likes

4 Likes
1 Like

when the intercept of all places calls you out for doxxingā€¦ yikes

The mosaic is composed of 10 images. In the original article, the imagesā€™ URLs had irregular numbering, jumping from four to 20. Though only 10 of those 20 images were utilized in the opening mosaic by the Times, it was possible to view any of the 20 images by changing the image number in the file name listed in the imageā€™s URL

it does make one wonder what else is publicly available due to the times badly designed ( or badly used ) cms

3 Likes