Fucking NY Times

[…]
While The Register has seen what’s said to be a list of files in the purported leak, we have not yet verified the legitimacy of the leak, and the newspaper did not respond to inquiries about the case.
[…]

Dubious source and early days yet.

4 Likes

The source code? Oh no, someone could set up a duplicate NY Times, run by replicants!

10 Likes

The Register was targeted, too, [in 2013] by the gang in a failed spear-phishing attack. At least one of our vultures was sent an email claiming to be from a senior editor, with a link to a fake copy of our publishing system to phish their credentials; the giveaway was that the message was far too cheery for that editor to be real.

This is what a security-aware workplace looks like

13 Likes

I get a ton of phishing emails from “employees” who no longer work for the company (I mean, employees over ten years gone). I’d even get some from our “CEO” but you could spot it immediately because the real CEO always uses a huge font size in his emails. :grin:

6 Likes

14 Likes

Oil or watercolor?

11 Likes

Cause he IS a felon, of course! Jesus, NYT, why ya gotta be such dipshits!

11 Likes

Makes sense to me

8 Likes

New headline.

9 Likes

They should have just lead with that :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

I really think that NYT’s egregious abuse of silent edits to the online versions of its articles was a leading indicator of its current enfeebled state. This isn’t to say that Team “Hitler’s Not So Bad” doesn’t have a long track record of bullshit, but the malleability of the web, and their eagerness to use it to their advantage, has really higihlighted some of their deficits in journalistic ethics.

9 Likes

I see NewsDiffs has been dead since 2018

2 Likes

This isn’t the NY Times, but it is probably the single dumbest op-ed I’ve read all year. No, it definitely is the single dumbest op-ed I’ve read all year. It might be the dumbest op-ed I’ve ever read in my life. I’ll save you the trouble of clicking on it. tl;dr “Since Biden’s age is such a huge problem, Biden should replace Kamal Harris with Hillary Clinton.” I don’t even know where to start with the dumb in this article, because it starts in the first sentence and it never stops.

11 Likes

Kathleen Parker? You mean this Kathleen Parker?

13 Likes

are you kidding me season 7 GIF by Chicago Fire

elections stand GIF

Mean Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+

10 Likes

Is that the same Kathleen Parker who wrote this?

16 Likes

Animated GIF

8 Likes

how many things can a person be wrong about

13 Likes

8 Likes

The washington post did employ Ed Rogers as a columnist

4 Likes