Funny parody of hustle culture morons

Originally published at: Funny parody of hustle culture morons | Boing Boing

11 Likes

She’s awesome.

And her brand needs a mascot!

cat monocle GIF

20 Likes

That’s it. I’m cancelling my lip injection procedure. Maybe I can afford more green houses then.

90 Day Fiance Lips GIF by TLC

6 Likes

It’s good, but the Monopoly angle plays down how dumb, desperate and not rich most of those grindset pimps are.

I mean, the knock on TikTok wealth influencers isn’t that they’ll make you into an evil robber baron (which, who doesn’t want that?). It’s that they’ll turn you into someone who owes $75,000 on unsold MLM leggings.

12 Likes

The only hustle the real ones were successful at was hustling away from their HS math classes as quickly as possible.

8 Likes

Even without the headline, I knew it had to be a gag when the first canned bit was “if you saved a dollar a day for a year, you’d end up with 30K.

18 Likes

Might I interest you in hosting a party where I can introduce you and your friends to some life-changing kitchen accessories?

(“Hustling” is old hat in some quarters.)

12 Likes

balticstate

12 Likes

According to these hustle people, the money I am saving from not drinking Starbucks (I don’t drink coffee) should make me a multimillionaire by now!

7 Likes

“Which is worth more, the house or this laptop?

Obviously not the house!”

I’m out, I fold, buh-bye

The sad part is that much of the “hustle culture” is many folks out there who are just trying to survive, choosing some painful independence away from corporate culture. Hustle Culture Influencers are just a fraction of those who prey upon their own.

12 Likes

Cut out avocado toast and you’re well on your way to billionaire town!

4 Likes

I don’t eat avocados either!

5 Likes

But how do you maintain your peak physical state without adhering to a bizarre avocado-only diet that you might be able to turn into another hustle

3 Likes

Dude, how can you ever expect to become a millionaire if you don’t have any habits you can cut out to save cash?!

7 Likes

I can’t stand hustle culture. I could never articulate why very well, until I heard this podcast on hustle culture on NPR’s code switch.

Tl;dr: telling people, especially POC that the reason they aren’t successful is because they don’t hustle enough in low wage jobs, not because of systemic racism and oppression preventing people from getting a fair shake and getting ahead in life.

5 Likes

It’s funny that a top hat and monocle alone is sufficient to signify Mr. Monopoly, even though in actuality he never wore a monocle (this being one of the classic examples of the Mandela effect).

5 Likes

She mentions the expense of lip injections. You can make your lips fat for free by chewing on them. When blood comes, lay off for awhile, come back to it later, and gradually build up layers of scar tissue. Soften the result with coconut oil, color with Sweet Tarts, and voila. You just need to stop before they look like hotdogs. Enlist a friend to watch for that and warn you.

1 Like

I think the monocle part mostly comes from Eustace Tilley from The New Yorker. Or possibly Mr. Peanut.

Regarding the “hustling one’s way to wealth” thing:

5 Likes

Just now dawned on me that you were referring to Tupperware “parties.”

*shudderz

By the time I was in high school/college, it was ‘Mary Kay’ products.

5 Likes