Futuracha, a beautiful, ornamental typeface that magically adjusts as you type

Cockroaches will be one of the only lifeforms to survive the coming nuclear apocalypse, so maybe Futuracha means something darker than we thought…

No me gusta caminar
No puedo montar un caballo
¿Cómo se puede bailar?
¡Es un escándalo!!

3 Likes

[quote=“kpkpkp, post:31, topic:96729”]
the specifically cloying combination of ukelele and toy piano
[/quote] …deliberately kept in the forefront of the sound mix even when there is some actual content trying to be delivered aurally. (Why these idiots cannot mix the music down when people are speaking is beyond me.)

3 Likes

Zapfino was the first one I saw using dynamic ligatures as dramatically as this. Usually they just do subtler things like turn fi into… the glyph I can’t get on my phone. :confused: You used to have to find & replace with the special fi character (shift-opt-8, iirc) just before printing, because spellcheck and such wouldn’t recognize it.

There was one similar f-ligature that only occurred in two English words, but I’ve forgotten what it is.

Yo. (Mine.)

Yeah, I hate that.

3 Likes

Ugh. Open Dyslexic feels as if it’s only halfway there, On my retina mac, it looks rather blurry.

I like Scrivener’s default font–Cochin, but I’ve long since realized that fiddling with typefaces gets in the way of other things.

1 Like

probably fj

Found in Hoeffler–

IIRC, Hoefler was one of those typefaces that aimed to populate every glyph.

fjord and fjeld, according to wikipedia

Ha, Jonathan was the guy who told me about it.

1 Like

That would be a shame if you were remembered that way.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.