Game Of Thrones: “Oathkeeper” [TV Recap: season 4, episode 4]

I think they were trying to convey (using English, since that’s what most viewers understand) that he was in the process of learning Valyrian so he could speak with the slaves in Meereen.

ah, makes sense. Awkwardly done.

This cold and loveless relationship is probably what drove him to drink and womanizing in the first place.

If you go by the books, this is debatable, at the least.

Tommen in the show does seem like he’d probably make a pretty fair king. In the books he just seems doughy and dull-witted

To me the most important step away from the book is when Tyrion doesn’t tell Jaime he DID do it, in annoyance with Jaime’s lack of faith in him and desire to hurt his father.

SPOILER FROM THE BOOKS:

That will still happen, I think; in the book it doesn’t happen until Jaime busts Tyrion out. Without that conversation (where Jaime reveals that Tyrion’s first wife wasn’t actually a prostitute) they will lack 90% of the motivation for what Tyrion does once he gets out.

No, Valyrian is Grey Worm’s native tongue. If he seemed to be speaking the Common Tongue in previous episodes, it was just for practicality’s sake; he was actually supposed to be speaking Valyrian. In that first scene, Missandei is teaching Grey Worm the Common Tongue.

I’m trying to figure out where I recognize the new Night’s Watch recruit from, the one who backed Jon and asked to say his vows to go with. I can’t figure out if it’s from some other show, or somewhere in this one, making him potentially significant in a plot line that’s rapidly diverging from the books.

Either way, it’s bugging the hell out of me. Anyone know who he is?

That is Locke. Stand in for Vargo Hoat.

Roose Bolton sent him north two episodes ago to kill Bran and Rickon.

I moved a post to an existing topic: BB TV recaps complaint department

Aren’t the people of Meereen technically speaking a Ghiscari dialect of Valyrian?

1 Like

Ser Pounce.

6 Likes

I moved a post to an existing topic: BB TV recaps complaint department

Yeah, it sort of gets me that this review says John Snow is “earning the friendship of Locke”. Locke is there to kill him and his brothers. Snow isn’t becoming his friend. Locke is hanging around in preparation of murdering him.

2 Likes

Sorry. Margaery, now you have to seduce Tommen—and make him want you so badly that even Cersei’s rage can’t stop him.

Tommen has a cat named Sir Pounce. That kid has clearly never seen boobs before.

Nothing about how that scene between Margaery and Tommen had a real child molestation vibe to it? “Our little secret”

1 Like

Oh, yeah, sorry…I totally got that backwards! Thanks for clearing things up.

So true. Just because boys of that age dream of sex doesn’t make it right that a woman is manipulating him like that.

2 Likes

Tommen: ‘Being King fucking rocks!’

He’s the guy that chopped off Jaime’s hand. It was bugging me too…

Ah, thank you very much (and to Coal_Miki_Resta). He’s not quite as memorable as he’d be with an absurd lisp. . .It certainly puts much of the episode in a new light, though.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.