Gardening games offer respite for anxious players

A fair point. I may dip a toe in again. I played since the first post-launch update, and for ages it was my go-to relaxation game.

1 Like

Flow and Flower I find very relaxing, partly the music, but also they are just pleasant environments to be in.

1 Like

I’ve never played Flower to be honest but i’ve played the hell out of Flow. Flow started life as a proof of concept flash based browser game actually, i recall playing it.

Journey is one of my favorite games ever, the first time i played it i was able to play it all the way through paired up with the same random person. My experience playing since is that its more common to see someone drop in and out of your game but my first time ever it was me and the same random player and it remains as the greatest game experience i’ve had. I cried by the time i got to the end and i’m not ashamed to admit it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think lots of people are emotionally effected by Journey. It’s a beautiful game in many ways. Jenova Chen says that he’s trying to get the same emotional effect as Miyazaki movies. I cry a those too :slight_smile:

I found Flower fun, it’s a relatively simple puzzle game, but it’s the environment that draws me back, the first few levels are a very relaxing place to be, I love the first night-time level, it seems magical. I don’t really play the game anymore, but I do go back to various levels just to chill. The first level is like a sunny day from my childhood, wandering through the wildflowers on my grandparents farm. I loved Cloud (which I think was Chen and (former CEO) Kellee Santiago’s senior project) too, it’s available at The Internet Archive.

(I’ve signed up for the Android pre-release of Sky - I’m really hopefully it continues the tradition.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.