Gawker reveals NYPD's "spy taxi"

It’s never pedantry to use a word according to its definition. That’s why we have dictionaries - so we can all agree on the meaning of words. You are just upset that the actual meaning of spy and spying don’t fit your imagined fantasy world definition. Watching people is spying.
The idiocy is those who play apologist when our police are committing crimes by gathering information on persons not under investigation - as is defending a police state which spends billions every year with little positive effect for each dollar spent while our children remain under-educated, our mentally ill are left homeless on the streets, employment is rampant, and trust in the government is at an all time low.
You may defend the police state and even feel it is necessary. Me? I choose to defend the rights of the people to be free from investigation and observation as well as from the chilling effect and mental damage that such activities can create.

Watching people is spying.
no, it isn’t. spying is spying. watching people is a component of innumerable jobs, hobbies and activities.

our police are committing crimes
no, they aren’t. watching what the public does in public is not illegal.

as is defending a police state
and now you’re fighting strawmen.

enough.

Watching people is spying.

no, it isn’t. spying is spying. watching people is a component of innumerable jobs, hobbies and activities.

Fact: Spying is to observe. Look it up. And really? You want to use the word spying as your definition for the word spying?

Simply because people watch people as part of their job, it does not follow that this prevents the activity from being correctly labeled spying.

our police are committing crimes

no, they aren’t. watching what the public does in public is not illegal.

I never said it was. Gathering information on persons not under investigation simply due to their religious affiliations is an illegal action when the state does it. I can recommend some 8th grade civics classes you can attend that might help you with this one… If you want to argue, do it like the big boys and try to read for comprehension if you can.

BTW, are you not playing attention? Judges have already ruled that the NYC are restricted in their activities due to criminal actions in the past.and present.

as is defending a police state

and now you’re fighting strawmen.

I think you might want to learn what a strawman argument is before you use the term.
While it is true that you are defending the police state, that isn’t the argument I used to show you where incorrect. Instead I used actual facts. I did call defending the police state idiocy. That is true, but it is also not the reason you are wrong nor is it the reason I gave for you being wrong.

Your argument that watching people on the street is not spying is simply factually incorrect.

oh for fuck’s sake.

this is beyond idiotic.

here, i’ll show you:

except that it isn’t true, because i never did that. so your argument against people who defend the police state is a strawman - an easily defeated argument against a point nobody was making.

enough!

I’ve seen it!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.