Gaza war death toll reaches 10,000

Originally published at: Gaza war death toll reaches 10,000 | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

6 Likes

I would like to know the definition of Extremist Militias from those guys.

11 Likes

I think they’re referring specifically to the ultra-nationalist far-right settlers in the West Bank (basically anti-Palestinian death squads that Netanyahu and his allies have been enabling).

It’s a good development in that the U.S. is finally sending a message to Likud that these settlers are a problem, and a better one that Netanyahu is being forced to accept that view, at least in terms of practise.

13 Likes

I don’t know where else to post this, but here seems as good as anywhere (it’s relevant, which will be obvious a few seconds in). The Nyan Cat YouTube channel posted a video yesterday for the first time since they posted the original Nyan Cat video 12 years ago.

7 Likes

The war is popular in Israel, but not the implications of mass slaughter

:sob:

9 Likes

The amount of hate and willingness to kill and cause chaos is unbelievable

6 Likes

:sob:

1 Like

This is horrific.

9 Likes

It is. And it will continue as long as I can imagine, because I can see no way either Hamas or the Israel government will give up their hard lines and decide “maybe we shouldn’t kill innocents for what the bad people did to us in the past.”

Fuck them both. An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind except the ones who ordered the eye plucking.

8 Likes

Netanyahu recently invoked bible passages about the Amalekites, which is pretty damn dark in this context. I would certainly hope that the implied course of action that those quotes suggest is not popular.

1 Like

1914/WW I and how the middle east was planned to be divvied up, promised (to some) to be divvied up, and eventually got divvied up after the war.

3 Likes

I’ve heard that a third of the deaths in Gaza are children. So is Israel bombing residential areas, or is Hamas putting military targets near schools?

All of the above i would guess

1 Like

Yes, but the only right answer is to blame the Palestinians for everything… /s

4 Likes

… all the dead people in Gaza?

CRISIS ACTORS :crazy_face:

Or because the population of Gaza is young.

2014 article is most recent I have found

2 Likes

As someone that grew on a country that had this kind of support from US in the past, I don’t fall from it.

US will provide for Israel Army

Army will have those “misteriously stolen”

They will get to settlers…

We had saw this before. Iran-Contras for example

1 Like

I support Palestine’s right to defend itself, whilst also expressing deep concern for Israelii civilians who are unable to flee the area.