General Moderation Topic

Cool! This is the first time I’ve watched this happen in real time.

ETA: Also, GOOD

17 Likes

So that’s what it was about! I’ve never been in a discussion that was eaten while I was scrolling!

Also, thanks for sparing me.

17 Likes

17 Likes

I’d not heard of this New-Age woo peddler, anti-vaxxer and MAGAt apologist before today. Given his reliance on false equivalencies and conspirascism it makes sense that the now-banned user (based on his history here) would be referencing him for support.

Also, it seems that when it comes to this anti-vaxx garbage, Charles is following in the footsteps of a Mayer Eisenstein – no apparent relation but a similarly repulsive individual.

12 Likes

Bless you, kind sir. Bless you.

12 Likes

User thisisfinedog has been given a brief timeout for writing posts with no other content than to throw barbs directly at users. Not agreeing with someone’s opinion does not make targeting the person giving it fair game, even if you are trying to be “witty”.

14 Likes

User Espry0n has been banned for making and supporting transphobic statements around biology being more important than gender identity, and worse statements I see no need to repeat here.

40 Likes

It never ceases to amaze me how damn often we need to ‘tap the sign’:

17 Likes

User crashlikethat anonymized at user request.

2 Likes

It all boils down to (as do virtually all ethical commandments): Don’t be a jerk.

19 Likes

Or Wheaton’s Law…

tng-wheatons-law|nullxnull

22 Likes

Yeah, lol. I wasn’t going to gender it. But that exactly it.

5 Likes

And yet, for some it seems so very difficult.

One last obligatory meme:

27 Likes

Haha! Or you’re at a MAGA rally :joy:

28 Likes

If I ever find myself at one of those, you know that something has gone terribly wrong.

33 Likes

MAGA: Melizmatic ain’t gonna attend.

38 Likes

User SeamusAMurphy has been banned. Their plan went something like this:

“I’m going to write a controversial, offtopic rant in this post. I’m going to point out that I know it won’t go over well, too!”

Controversy ensues

“See how disappointing Boing Boing has become! Oh, woe!”

Their post, and the multi-reply rant that followed, may have been the purest, most perfect example of sea-lioning we’ve yet seen on the BBS.

My sympathies to the many, many people sapped by this energy-leeching process.

34 Likes

28 Likes

We should have a museum of platonic ideals of

Wait. No we shouldn’t.

21 Likes

Nopenopenopenope.

13 Likes